Shutdown

bl8demast3r

Reaction score
So the phone just completely turns off to a black screen when I'm doing something. This happened Three times, Two times on trying to open a .MP4 File and One time with trying to edit a picture in an app. I have a lot of battery life left so its not dead, I can tap the power button and instantly the Moto logo will pop up. I've also been experiencing another problem with Haptic feedback, sometimes it will randomly stop working but then come back about 30 seconds later. Could this be a problem with the phone? Any help will be much appreciated! :biggrin:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
First question would be what have you done to the phone besides install APPS? Rooted, ROM'd, debloated, anything else? Try booting into Safe Mode and see if you still have the problem, if you don't it is an APP causing the problem. With the phone off, power on the phone and as soon as you seen the M logo press and hold the volume and down key until you see "Safe Mode" in the corner of the screen.

OP
bl8demast3r

bl8demast3r

Reaction score
First question would be what have you done to the phone besides install APPS? Rooted, ROM'd, debloated, anything else? Try booting into Safe Mode and see if you still have the problem, if you don't it is an APP causing the problem. With the phone off, power on the phone and as soon as you seen the M logo press and hold the volume and down key until you see "Safe Mode" in the corner of the screen.

I did nothing to the phone since day one other then put a case on it and install apps. I booted into Safe Mode and still had both problems.

jeff70

Reaction score
maybe in-pocket detection is causing the problem if you are using that, I can't remember if it is turned on by default when you get the phone

settings>>display>>[uncheck] In-pocket detection

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So the phone just completely turns off to a black screen when I'm doing something. This happened Three times, Two times on trying to open a .MP4 File and One time with trying to edit a picture in an app. I have a lot of battery life left so its not dead, I can tap the power button and instantly the Moto logo will pop up. I've also been experiencing another problem with Haptic feedback, sometimes it will randomly stop working but then come back about 30 seconds later. Could this be a problem with the phone? Any help will be much appreciated! :biggrin:

So let me clarify, when your phone screen goes black, the phone is actually completely powering down and then the first thing you see when you hit the power button is the Motorola logo? If so, you may not have all the battery power you think you have.

If it's powering completely off, I would suggest powering the phone off, plugging in the charger and allowing it to charge for 3 hours, then unplugging and powering it up. Then use the phone all the way to the "Low battery" warning at 15%, and then power the phone off again and charge like before.

OP
bl8demast3r

bl8demast3r

Reaction score
So let me clarify, when your phone screen goes black, the phone is actually completely powering down and then the first thing you see when you hit the power button is the Motorola logo? If so, you may not have all the battery power you think you have.

If it's powering completely off, I would suggest powering the phone off, plugging in the charger and allowing it to charge for 3 hours, then unplugging and powering it up. Then use the phone all the way to the "Low battery" warning at 15%, and then power the phone off again and charge like before.

Yes the screen is completely black in an instant, it only happens when I'm doing something like for example the .MP4 file, when I try to play it then the phone shuts off. I see the battery life every time I unlock the screen its fine. But even when I have it plugged in it will still completely shutdown the phone in an instant.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yes the screen is completely black in an instant, it only happens when I'm doing something like for example the .MP4 file, when I try to play it then the phone shuts off. I see the battery life every time I unlock the screen its fine. But even when I have it plugged in it will still completely shutdown the phone in an instant.

Humor me for a few and power off the phone tonight (press and hold power, then choose power off from the menu). Then plug in the phone and leave it be overnight. Tomorrow, unplug it, power it up and use it until it hits 15%, then repeat the charge process with the power off. If after that you still suffer what you're going through, I would take it to the VW store and show them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
FoxKat said:
Humor me for a few and power off the phone tonight (press and hold power, then choose power off from the menu). Then plug in the phone and leave it be overnight. Tomorrow, unplug it, power it up and use it until it hits 15%, then repeat the charge process with the power off. If after that you still suffer what you're going through, I would take it to the VW store and show them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Not to butt in, but make sure you charge the device with the supplied charger and cable, from a wall socket.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

OP
bl8demast3r

bl8demast3r

Reaction score

Okay ill try that thanks! :)