Showing off Droid Tonight need help!

A

apeshitninja

Be sure to pull up verizon's 3G coverage map too; )

For the win!:icon_ banana:

I'll definitely use this idea!:icon_ banana:

Yup. ATT's commercials say "we have the most coverage...", which may be true, but they are referring to standard standard wireless coverage. Not 3G. Most iphone fanboys aren't genius enough to figure that out.

bacalao

Reaction score
I like to pull up voice search or handcent's voice input and say, "how much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood." It always gets it right. I just love being to say, navigate to outback steakhouse tampa florida, and watch a few choices come up, pick one and watch google nav do its thing, play with layers of course. Widgets and move stuff around too.

Xerozix

Reaction score
The moose. Whats wrong? Your map.

You must show off the fact that your phone can say DRROOIIIIDDDDD.

alm0614

Reaction score
widgets as well.. weatherbug's weather widget and the calendar widgets are my favorites

jasonb

Reaction score
I like to pull up voice search or handcent's voice input and say, "how much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood." It always gets it right. I just love being to say, navigate to outback steakhouse tampa florida, and watch a few choices come up, pick one and watch google nav do its thing, play with layers of course. Widgets and move stuff around too.

i just tried this for the hell of it. it worked great, it got it 100% right. very impressive! :icon_ banana:

superglen99

Reaction score
hey let us know how it all goes down, I'm sure we all wanna hear. I hope someone there has an idont so you can show them droid does what they idont cant!

kauaikid

Reaction score
This is a great thread for a Droid newbie! I've picked up so many great apps I now want to add, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try them out. I haven't been getting much sleep since I got my Droid two days ago. Hard to put the darn thing down.

kk:):motdroidvert:

johnflo88

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'll be at a family event later on this evening and there lies friends and family that likes to show off their gadgets or w.e. they are proud of at the moment.

I plan on joining the fun with the droid:icon_ banana: but I have no idea where to even start. :icon_eek:
Alot of people are always asking me "Is this better than G1? What can this do that stands out from the iphone or the G1?" This is my very first android phone and I started off with a regular nextel phone i had for about 8 yrs then switched to the nextels new blackberry that came out last year (which to me seemed to be a bb jr) now im a proud owner of the droid. But I don't know the answers to these simple I SHOULD KNOW questions :mad:

I have TONSSSSSS of apps but I have no idea whats EXCLUSIVE to the moto droid vs. G1 and the Iphone.

I was thinking of showing off Torrent-FU, Phonemypc, google goggles, and Home++

Anyone have any suggestions or could help me out with the "What can the droid do the G1/Iphone cant?"

Thank you :)
ask them to open and let you see the battery, that will be a feat for the iphone! oh, ask them how much it cost to replace the battery.. The cost is over a hundred dollars and takes over a week. talk about control!:icon_ banana:

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
Be sure to put on a high res wallpaper before going in along with making your screens neat and organized. Makes the screen look so much better.

-voice search (navigate to ......)
-caller ID faker
-Stream a live video of the people to the internet without their knowledge. Then show them it. (qik)
-shopsavvy a barcode
-snesoid
-high res video

I forgot all about qik and i've been using it alll weekend LMAO any place I can find a high res wallpaper?

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
Show off Google Voice.........jesus phone owners don't get the Google Voice app.

Ive tried to show off the google voice but people are too confused to really appreciate it. All they get out of it is "voicemail?" but they are impressed by my ###-Phatkat number lol

aristo1963

Reaction score
Be sure to put on a high res wallpaper before going in along with making your screens neat and organized. Makes the screen look so much better.

-voice search (navigate to ......)
-caller ID faker
-Stream a live video of the people to the internet without their knowledge. Then show them it. (qik)
-shopsavvy a barcode
-snesoid
-high res video

I forgot all about qik and i've been using it alll weekend LMAO any place I can find a high res wallpaper?

Dude you havent dl'd Backgrounds yet?!?!?!?!?!?!:icon_eek: