Showing off Droid Tonight need help!

acturbo

Reaction score
they only problem showing multitasking is the iphone user can show you how he/she can be on the phone and be on the internet. I wish verizon would get data/voice at the same time!

For me personally(and I think most other casual users), multitask is much more important/convienient than talking and surfing at the same time. If I was talking I wouldnt be surfing and vice versa, even if I had the capability.

TekHawk

Reaction score
they only problem showing multitasking is the iphone user can show you how he/she can be on the phone and be on the internet. I wish verizon would get data/voice at the same time!

For me personally(and I think most other casual users), multitask is much more important/convienient than talking and surfing at the same time. If I was talking I wouldnt be surfing and vice versa, even if I had the capability.

for me its more that nav + talking is a little buggy due to the lose of data network access

person calles 12 mile or so before a turn can reallllly blow

acturbo

Reaction score

for me its more that nav + talking is a little buggy due to the lose of data network access

person calles 12 mile or so before a turn can reallllly blow

Have you had this problem? When I was using Nav and talking on the phone it interrupted my call to tell me of upcoming turns? Maybe I am confused and you are referring to something else.

charlieohearn

Reaction score
I know, surf the web and make a phone call at the same time...oh, wait...maybe not that one...
I know: Take a picture and show them how clear it is. Oh, maybe not that one either.
Apply the OTA update and show them how clearly focused it is now! Uh oh, still blurry.

Ummmmm, ummm...

OK, all sarcasm aside: Google Skymap is awesome, especially on a clear night when you can match what you see on the phone with the actual sky.

The Car Home and voice search with navigation kicks major A.

Even though the camera is a major disappointment, the video feature is amazing so you can dazzle them with that if there's enough light (why can't the flash work wioth the video camera????)

Have fun, but don't be a tech snob and try and show it off as better than the iPhone unless you own Verizon, Motorola and/or Google stock.

acturbo

Reaction score
I know, surf the web and make a phone call at the same time...oh, wait...maybe not that one...
I know: Take a picture and show them how clear it is. Oh, maybe not that one either.
Apply the OTA update and show them how clearly focused it is now! Uh oh, still blurry.

Ummmmm, ummm...

OK, all sarcasm aside: Google Skymap is awesome, especially on a clear night when you can match what you see on the phone with the actual sky.

The Car Home and voice search with navigation kicks major A.

Even though the camera is a major disappointment, the video feature is amazing so you can dazzle them with that if there's enough light (why can't the flash work wioth the video camera????)

Have fun, but don't be a tech snob and try and show it off as better than the iPhone unless you own Verizon, Motorola and/or Google stock.

You can use Mototorch app to turn on the LED while using the video feature................

GadgetRick

Reaction score

Well first of all, they must be in a 3G area--something we know may be difficult for many iPhone users--and second of all, it's just not all that useful compared to true multi-tasking. Sorry, I've never thought, "Hmm, wish I could check the movie showtimes while I'm talking to my friend..." However, I have often listened to Pandora while doing something else on the phone.

TekHawk

Reaction score

Well first of all, they must be in a 3G area--something we know may be difficult for many iPhone users--and second of all, it's just not all that useful compared to true multi-tasking. Sorry, I've never thought, "Hmm, wish I could check the movie showtimes while I'm talking to my friend..." However, I have often listened to Pandora while doing something else on the phone.

Ive had my mom call me and ask me for movie times... like yea call you back lol

acturbo

Reaction score

Ive had my mom call me and ask me for movie times... like yea call you back lol

Thats because your phone isnt cool enough to have the ablity to do so! :icon_eek:

charlieohearn

Reaction score
I enjoy using pandora while using Cardio Trainer. I took a phone call 1 mile into my run and when I checked Cardio Trainer at the end of the 3 miles it was still in Pause mode from the phone call that interupted the GPS signal.
Same goes for navigation - you can't talk and navigate at the same time. Please let me know if I am wrong.

TekHawk

Reaction score
the gps signal i think works while in call its the fact most of the gps apps use web access to get the map data that kills them while in call (i think)

acturbo

Reaction score
the gps signal i think works while in call its the fact most of the gps apps use web access to get the map data that kills them while in call (i think)

I havent played around with the GPS too much but the one time I was using Nav and got a call it continued to give me the directions even while on the call. I assume its dependent upon which exact app you are using and how it functions.

TekHawk

Reaction score
using the offical nav on droid you might have had enough of the map downloaded to keep going if yyou get a call and the map it self hasnt been loaded from google itll say signal lost some most the time and stop giving turn by turn safe in town bad when 1/2 from a turn going 80 down the highway :(

Guchi

Reaction score
the nav should work during the call, it just wont reroute? right?

TekHawk

Reaction score
reroute or download more of the map display

i think the voice still worked with the sound going through my tape deck during a call before 2.0.1 but i have not seen it work after though i have it going through the tape deck and use bluetooth for the calls so not sure if that might have something to do with the voice prompt