Showing off Droid Tonight need help!

phatkat66

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'll be at a family event later on this evening and there lies friends and family that likes to show off their gadgets or w.e. they are proud of at the moment.

I plan on joining the fun with the droid:icon_ banana: but I have no idea where to even start. :icon_eek:
Alot of people are always asking me "Is this better than G1? What can this do that stands out from the iphone or the G1?" This is my very first android phone and I started off with a regular nextel phone i had for about 8 yrs then switched to the nextels new blackberry that came out last year (which to me seemed to be a bb jr) now im a proud owner of the droid. But I don't know the answers to these simple I SHOULD KNOW questions :mad:

I have TONSSSSSS of apps but I have no idea whats EXCLUSIVE to the moto droid vs. G1 and the Iphone.

I was thinking of showing off Torrent-FU, Phonemypc, google goggles, and Home++

Anyone have any suggestions or could help me out with the "What can the droid do the G1/Iphone cant?"

Thank you :)

MInkyboi

Reaction score
Multitasking is key. Run music/pandora while surfing the web and sutff. Then have someone on the iphone try to do it.

backlash

Reaction score
Navigation............that's free?
Nesoid
SNesoid
I think the jesus phone has emulators too, but I think you have to jailbreak it.

coolkidd

Reaction score
You can also just slide the actual keyboard and ask an iphone owner if they can do it. :icon_ banana:

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If anyone is there with an Iphone....just have it make a phone call and actually connect and youve won. :)

TekHawk

Reaction score
the picture showing you the house you used the gps to get to when your pulling in is pretty nice id show that off

multi tasking start pandora leave it run while you show off everything

dont know if iphone syncs contacts with facebook but that is something that catches peoples attention is how much info some of my contacts have due to facebook data

SMS Backup that uploads all your sms messages to gmail is pretty impressive to

On Droids

Reaction score
In stock form the iPhone doesn't record video...DROID DOES

vastidious

Reaction score
Google Sky Map for sure.

Shazam, which is available on iPhone as well, but it's still a cool app.

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
I do the physical keyboard alot while im travelin stupid ppl think imma sk and i jus start laughing "sks for kids.... im not in highschool" lol

I didnt know multitaskin was really exclusive lol iphones really cant do that?! LMAO thats pretty important isnt it... even a bb can do it

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Iphone cannot miltitask. But it can play music and do other things same time.

Try listening to iheartradio then reply to a text message. Or pandora radio. Iphone will force close them to open another app. It cannot run more than one app at the same time.

I do the physical keyboard alot while im travelin stupid ppl think imma sk and i jus start laughing "sks for kids.... im not in highschool" lol

I didnt know multitaskin was really exclusive lol iphones really cant do that?! LMAO thats pretty important isnt it... even a bb can do it

GadgetRick

Reaction score
You can also just slide the actual keyboard and ask an iphone owner if they can do it. :icon_ banana:

Just don't let them try and type on it! :icon_ devil:

But seriously, show off the lcd screen. It's waaaaaaaaaaaay better than any other phone out there. Find some nice pics to show and they'll be ohhing and ahhing all over you.

Maps--in spite of its flaws--is still kick ass. But I do this, go into Google Places Directory (download it from the Market if you have to). Tap on, "restaurant," then tap on the search button and type in, "Outback Steakhouse," or something to search for it. Then tap on what comes up. Show the reviews, etc. which come up from Places. Then tap on the address (DON'T TAP ON MAP!!!! IT WILL MAP IT BUT NOT ALLOW YOU TO NAVIGATE TO IT!!) to open it in Maps then Navigate. That ALWAYS gets people.

Show them Shop Savy. Pick up an item around the house with a barcode and check use Shop Savy to search for it.

There are many other things to show but these always work for me.

backlash

Reaction score
Show off Google Voice.........jesus phone owners don't get the Google Voice app.