Should You Put Apps on Database or SD Card?

Darkseider

Reaction score
I am going to guess that you mean should you put apps on the internal memory or the SD Card? In which case the answer is on the Droid X you have no choice but to install apps to the internal memory of the device until Android 2.2 (Froyo) is released on the phone.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I am going to guess that you mean should you put apps on the internal memory or the SD Card? In which case the answer is on the Droid X you have no choice but to install apps to the internal memory of the device until Android 2.2 (Froyo) is released on the phone.

Does the DX allow you to save data such as pictures to the internal memory if you want to, or is the internal memory only used to store applications?

Darkseider

Reaction score

Does the DX allow you to save data such as pictures to the internal memory if you want to, or is the internal memory only used to store applications?

Internal memory or a portion of it may be used to store data, I am unsure. Generally speaking data is stored on the SD Card to prevent the internal storage from being used up too quickly.

OP
R

rastaman

Reaction score
I was downloading my first app and it asked me to "Select your database location- Put database on phone or put database on SD Card.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
The reason that I ask, is that I may have files that I dont want to store on the card. For example, if I have a file that stores passwords, I wouldnt want that on the SD card, that anybody could easily get hold of. On my BB, I store these types of files on the internal memory, so its at least protected by the phones password.

Darkseider

Reaction score
I was downloading my first app and it asked me to "Select your database location- Put database on phone or put database on SD Card.

What application? My guess is that that is app specific? If so choose the SD Card for any kind of data whether it be app data, MP3s, pictures, videos, etc...

OP
R

rastaman

Reaction score
I didn't pay attention to the exact name, it's a Bartender Drink Making App :)

What application? My guess is that that is app specific? If so choose the SD Card for any kind of data whether it be app data, MP3s, pictures, videos, etc...

OP
R

rastaman

Reaction score
It had the SD Card option picked and lit up green, so I just picked it.

Darkseider

Reaction score
I didn't pay attention to the exact name, it's a Bartender Drink Making App :)

Put that stuff on the SD Card