Looking for a Database.

smeghead

Reaction score
I need a database app. I searched the apps and get hundreds of specific databases like record your blood pressure or track your CD collection.

What I need is a database shell, much like a spreadsheet before you enter any numbers. A database can be structured for whatever particular data you may wish to use.

Any suggestions??

Technoman

Reaction score
Get a customizable List APP.... should work about the same as you are needing. Unless you are wanting to do some actual calc functions in the database or pull results for some other use.

You could write your own APP with the Google APP maker.

OP
S

smeghead

Reaction score
looking fo a database.

Get a customizable List APP.... should work about the same as you are needing. Unless you are wanting to do some actual calc functions in the database or pull results for some other use.

Well I would like to have some calculation ability. Simple stuff like doing totals or filtering by >= or <= some number or condition. I am not familiar with "list" apps. Sounds like they may work for some of the simple stuff. Any suggestions? A jillion years ago I had a very nice DB on my Palm. Think it was called TinyDB or something like that. Just assumed there would be something similar for DX.

You could write your own APP with the Google APP maker.

I am a newbie with the DX, although I am a retired IT guy. Been looking at APPmaker, but I don't know Java which it seems in integral to using the APPmaker. Looks like a nice SDK, but It will be a while before I get proficient at Java. Or am I wrong about needing to know Java?

<sigh> Yet another language to learn.....

Smeghead.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I started out with a PDA some years ago which I used multiple database applications to hold my information. My first PDA was a palm, then a windows OS PDA, then a windows phone OS then a Android phone. Through that transition I quickly learned that none of my data bases applications transferred their information very easily into my next device. Prior to coming to android I made a decision to change my database information into excel spreadsheets since you can sort the information within excel. The result is not a database look but a tool that allows me to keep my information with me at all times with out fear of device change effecting my information. It has worked well for me because I fairly if ever require a hard copy just the electronic one for on the go reference or updating. I use drop box to hold all of my excel databases as well as documents to go on my android x and iPad. Just a suggestion take it for what it's worth.