Should I trade my Droid 2 for a evo 4g

mrwright1983

Reaction score
Should I trade my Droid 2 that is flashed to cricket for a evo 4g. WHAT DO YOU THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Cunha

Reaction score
Why don't you try both? I dont like HTC much at all and the only thing the 4g has going for it is the fact that it is 4g capable on a network that has very little 4g coverage. If you are planning for the future try to figure out what phone will be worth more in a year or so when you want to get rid of it. Otherwise use the phone you feel more comfortable on that fits well in your pocket or however you want to carry it.

Can anyone really tell you what to do? I think if I was on cricket I would get a 4g to be honest. Like I said, I dont like HTC, but it is nice to have a more exclusive phone. A lot of verizon guys would have liked the 4g until the DX came out and even now many might want the potential for 4g (LTE) even if the networking is hardly in place.

Try both. If its a strait trade it is worth considering.

OP
mrwright1983

mrwright1983

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, and yes it is a straight trade. Is the evo a better phone than the Droid 2 ?????

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Cunha

Reaction score
No, its just a different phone. To me it is interesting because it is exotic as it was never an option as I am on verizon and they are superior here and I have a good grandfathered plan.

However the droid 2 is significantly newer..it has a better processor though it is clocked at the same speed, and will get bettery battery life and will probably have a lot more community support.

The Evo has a front facing camera which some people really seem to care about, and it does have 4g if cricket even has use of the sprint 4g towers??

Try both, if you cant try both, stick with the D2 it actually fits in your pocket.

Edit - Also, relax for a while. Don't scower the forums trying to find out what phone is the best possible. The d2 came out less than 2 months ago, its brand new. There won't be a worthwhile upgrade on verizon until LTE is well in place and motorola releases some top dog LTE phones. Until then it will just be filler.

Last edited:

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I had both phones and 4G is definitely a better phone , compared to it Droid 2 feels like a POS .

yahwarrior

Reaction score
I've got both phones and The droid 2 is a kiddie phone compared to the Evo4g. The Evo is faster than the Droid 2 and handles flash better.The screen alone should make this decision very easy. Video calls are the future not a fad.Take it from us who have both phones. The only people who think the Droid 2 is a contender against Evo are people who dont have the Evo.