Should I get the Droid for $79 or wait to get the X shipped?

rbkhockey81

Reaction score
hey guys, im a new member here, my blackberry just quit on me so I have no phone, verizon wont fix it.

I went to the camera store that carries verizon phones and they have the droid 1 for $79. I asked about the droid x they said it's $200 and it will take a while to ship.

Is the x really worth an extra $130 plus waiting for a teenager?

thnks

dragozoid

Reaction score
I'm 18 and have both (selling my D1). I think it's worth the extra money. Even if I was offered a D1 for free, I'd take an X. The D1 is still a great device but I like the X much better.

Last edited:

Abadus

Reaction score
Use bing and search wirefly. Droid is free with $50 cash back. The X is $180.

tracfour

Reaction score
The X is great, I left the Droid and went to the X, and it is worth the wait.......

Bxrider117

Reaction score
If you were used to customizing your BB then I would say get the D1. If you just used your BB for texting, occasional web browsing, then get the Dx. The D1 will be or is discontinued, so there will not be any assistance from Verizon or phone insurance to replace it if something happens. The Dx will at least be around until next year.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Let your pocketbook be your guide....

OP
R

rbkhockey81

Reaction score
Yeah i can afford it its just I will be phoneless for up to 3 weeks and its the summer... :eek:

leadhead

Reaction score
Personally I think the D1, but that's because I'm not a huge Motoblur fan or a fan of the signed bootloader. I wont deny the X is a great phone. It's really your preference, more customization or faster phone with a lot of cool features.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
X has bigger screen, easier to read, faster download, lighter because it doesn't have the hard keyboard but has Swype installed which replaced any need of physical keyboard. Main thing D1 has is keyboard for what it's worth, and price. After getting X, I went back to D1 a few days later and was struck with its heaviness and tiny screen. And for a while I rooted the D1, which was fine but a hassle with frequent fixes and issues, so I'm not just speaking of the pure stock experience.

OP
R

rbkhockey81

Reaction score
Personally I think the D1, but that's because I'm not a huge Motoblur fan or a fan of the signed bootloader. I wont deny the X is a great phone. It's really your preference, more customization or faster phone with a lot of cool features.

thanks. not by stats but using the phone, how much faster does the x feel, and what features does the x have that the d1 doesnt

DEdwards22

Reaction score

thanks. not by stats but using the phone, how much faster does the x feel, and what features does the x have that the d1 doesnt
Well, the original Droid can get almost all of the features of the DX other than the 8MP camera, 720p recording, and the HDMI output. Custom ROMs are amazing.

I say you get the Droid 1 and keep it for the ~15 days that Verizon gives you before you can return it and see if you like it. If you don't, take it back and see if they've got the DX in.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Until the 2ghz lte phones start to come out, there will be absolutely no phone I'll trade in my droid for. The flexibility of the phone for roms and themes/overclocking is simply amazing.

OP
R

rbkhockey81

Reaction score

Well, the original Droid can get almost all of the features of the DX other than the 8MP camera, 720p recording, and the HDMI output. Custom ROMs are amazing.

I say you get the Droid 1 and keep it for the ~15 days that Verizon gives you before you can return it and see if you like it. If you don't, take it back and see if they've got the DX in.

I hope I can do this.

The only issue is I'm getting the droid from a dealer inside a camera shop at a local mall. So I hope they have the same return policy

Crazy

Reaction score
If you go on the walmart website, the D1 is free including a $30 bill credit ;)