Upgrade Ready, Should I wait?

dbu

Reaction score
If you are going to upgrade right now I would definitely suggest an Incredible. The X is meh, the screen is nice but that's about it, and I personally think the bootloader will never be cracked so that phone living up to it's potential is unlikely. I had one for 2 weeks and swapped it out for an Incredible and couldn't be happier. There are some really good ROMS out there for it should you decide to root. I personally am not upgrading again until some LTE devices are released. Just my $.02...

dbu

Reaction score
Keep in mind that LTE phones are most likely going to cost allot more when they first come out. Not only the hardware but also the data plans. On top of that LTE wont be available in most markets. Get the best phone out now and by the time they are priced right you will be due for another upgrade. Just my .02

Err... Did you see the LTE coverage map for when it goes live? Awful lot of red on there. As for pricing $199 on upgrade or new 2 year contract is pretty standard. Sprint didn't charge any more for their high end android devices when their 4G went live. I haven't read anything on data rates going up either. I did read about the possibility of tiered data plans, but I am reasonably certain that current unlimited data subscribers will be grandfathered in, at least they better be or big red is going to have a while lot of angry folks on their hands.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I was thinking of going with the Dinc, since Verizon has the BoGo free offer. Get a Dinc, and maybe a X or a D2 and sell for a few Hundred to put down on a newer phone down the road.

dbu

Reaction score
I was thinking of going with the Dinc, since Verizon has the BoGo free offer. Get a Dinc, and maybe a X or a D2 and sell for a few Hundred to put down on a newer phone down the road.

That's not a bad idea, just keep in mind you have to have a second line to get the free phone. As I said earlier, the Dinc is a fine choice, it performs very well, especially when rooted and you flash a custom ROM and get rid of all the crap ware that comes on these phones.

R

RETG

With the buy one get one free, don't two people have to sign a two year contract or be part of a family plant. Thus, there will be an fee if one phone is sold?

As for a two year contract? Why. A one year contract is only 70 bucks more and you can then replace a phone every year vs. every two years.