Should I buy the Incredible now, or wait?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go get the Incredible, it is truly Incredible, and once Android "Froyo" Frozen Yogurt 2.2 comes out it will be all that much better and faster:). In regards to the Motorola Shadow, yes it looks like a sweet phone, but you will have to wait for it, and for me it is a bit to big for a cell phone-smartphone, the Incredible is just right.

The Shadow will be much faster than the incredible. Just look at the quadrant app graphs. It's about twice as fast WITHOUT 2.2. And the Shadow will most likely ship with android 2.2 while the incredible will probably get it at the end of the year (from what ive heard)
How can it be twice as fast when it is using the same Qualcom processor, and until the device is out, those graphs mean nothing, by the way the Incredible is no slouch, for me and many others it is real fast, and will get faster with Froyo 2.2, and I doubt it will hit the Incredible by years end, this is the phone market, by years end there will be a slew of new phones out, no reason for HTC or Google to hold out on Froyo 2.2 for INC till years end, that six months from now, where do you get your reliable:icon_eek: info from, share please.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unless Motorola changed plans recently, that have a deal with T.I. to use OMAP chips in their phones. So if that still holds true, the Shadow should be using an OMAP and the Inc. is using a Snadragon.

It will be very interesting to see the actual specs of the Shadow.....If the Shadow is using a Snapdragon, its using a better one than the Inc. And to me HTC coulda put a wee bit better Snapdraogn in the Inc. Its going in an upcoming Win7 phone.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seriously, this Incredible is fast enough for a smart-phone as is, I am not planing on playing war craft on it anytime soon, for me browsing the web, listening to music, playing a few games, checking my emails and keeping in touch with friends is all I need my phone to do, and the Incredible does them all wonderfully.

Last edited:

kmo

Reaction score
PhilaPete- But did you have to buy a new plan?

I already have an existing plan with Verizon and my contract is up. I thought I had to buy it directly from Verizon...

If you are due for an upgrade, you will get the $199 price if you renew for another 2 years with VZW. If you are not eligible, you have to pay full price which I believe is $500 or so.

I believe you can purchase the phone from any Verizon retailer so long as you sign a new 2 year agreement.

The BestBuy by me had a few in but they are now sold out. You can buy it straight up for full retail price without added 2 years to you contract, but full retail price at Bestbuy is 600 bucks instead of the 539 at VZW.
Personally I hate Bestbuy but that's because I've had some bad customer service there in the past. I wouldn't deal with them, but that's just me. Whatever works for someone else I guess that's the bottom line...

W210e99

Reaction score
Should i wait for the shadow or droid 2? Will it be faster than the current Incredible?

I was thinking of waiting and jumping on the pre order list for the new phones, since i already would have to wait for the incredible for 3 weeks as it is now.

Also does anyone know if Skype allows you to do Video Chat through your phone?

kmo

Reaction score
Unless Motorola changed plans recently, that have a deal with T.I. to use OMAP chips in their phones. So if that still holds true, the Shadow should be using an OMAP and the Inc. is using a Snadragon.

It will be very interesting to see the actual specs of the Shadow.....If the Shadow is using a Snapdragon, its using a better one than the Inc. And to me HTC coulda put a wee bit better Snapdraogn in the Inc. Its going in an upcoming Win7 phone.

Specs will include: 4.3 (or 4.1) inch screen, an 8 mega pixel camera that shoots in 720p and if you don’t know how awesome that is you can head here for a demo. It’s also supposedly coming with 16GB of internal space, it runs on one of those Snapdragon processors, and it will have an HDMI port. Here's what's being reported by Android and Me:
*It appears Motorola has finally dropped the Texas Instruments OMAP processor and adopted the more popular Snapdragon platform. In addition to a 1 GHz CPU. *According to Howard Forums, the device only has a 4.1-inch display and uses a more modern OMAP processor rather than the Snapdragon chipset mentioned on Android and Me: who knows exactly but it will be one of the 2. We'll see soon enough....

wexplex

Reaction score
The latest news I've been reading (i'm sure some of you have as well) os the the Shadow will be released end of August. I'm in the same predicament about waiting or going with the incredible. I think I'm at the point where unless the shadow is going to be SO much better I might just go with the Incredible

OP
D

DroidDamask

Reaction score
I'm sure I stand alone in this, but one of the things that is also keeping me away from the Incredible is the hardware. I don't like it. I know, but its red and black, and its just too manly looking for me. I wish it could be all black, or all white, and more zen like! It seems the next Droids coming out have a much calmer look to them...

4nefertiti

Reaction score
If the Incredible was available right now, I would probably go to the store after work today and buy one.

However, since its not going to be available now til the end of the month, I am wondering if I should wait to get something else like the Shadow or the Xtreme. Will these phones really be that much better, or will I just be mad that I will have to wait even longer to buy the Incredible?

I've been asking myself the same questions all week. I've been reading all the reports on both the good and bad aspects of the Incredible and have decided to wait since there will be at least 3 more droids out in the coming months.
I finally make the decision to cancel my order only to be told after 20 minutes on the phone that the only way to cancel was to refuse the order.
Now all I have to do is refuse the order and return all of the accessories. LOL.:icon_eek:

wexplex

Reaction score
The Shadow is going to be a bigger phone physically. I believe the Shadow has a slightly slower processor (700mhz) compared to the Incredible (1ghz). " The only features it's really missing is HD Video and a front facing camera (if we're comparing it to the Evo 4g)." From another board

demon69120

Reaction score
WAIIT. The Droid Incredible is nice... but wait until the Droid 2 etc. Those phones will be sick. You'll be stuck with it while the rest of the people who waited have a phone 2x better.

wexplex

Reaction score
Waiting until late August at the earliest? I dont know. How much better can they really be? Coming from someone who has the BB Storm I'll be happy with droid 1 :)

4nefertiti

Reaction score
The Shadow is going to be a bigger phone physically. I believe the Shadow has a slightly slower processor (700mhz) compared to the Incredible (1ghz). " The only features it's really missing is HD Video and a front facing camera (if we're comparing it to the Evo 4g)." From another board

Let's not forget the 16gb internal memory and Froyo 2.2.

kmo

Reaction score
Look, if you can hold off cool, you will have the latest phone for now. If not get the INC. I have to say I was afraid I would have new phone envy with all these new devices hitting the market but, I don't at all. Just proves, to me at least, that the INC is a great phone that will hold up to the best for a while. It will only be better after we get the froyo 2.2 update. This isn't another flash in the pan platform we are getting with new Android's so which ever way you choose you can't lose IMO.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^+1

And I read that if coming from a Blackberry, the Inc. has better Exchange support.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk