Shortcut for Phone Contacts on home screen

sweetee

Reaction score
I've created some shortcuts on one of my home screens for my most often used numbers/contact and have noticed that they do the following:

-image associated with the contact does not appear for the icon (gray generic shadow)
-image from another contact appears for the icon (image that belongs to Steve is showing up for Lisa - they are not linked)
-image associated with the contact is off center for the icon

I've tried rebooting my Droid 2, re-syncing my contacts with My Verizon, even deleting the contact shortcut, re-adding the image to the contact and re-adding the contact shortcut to the home screen. Still to no avail.

Anyone else having this issue? Suggestions? Solutions?

Thanks in advance!

ripsting

Reaction score
Had the exact same problem. Each contact displays another's picture (the generic shadow icon you're getting is from another contact). It seems to be unique to the built-in contact shortcut.

I downloaded the free "Contact Widget" by Ricardo Lecheta from the marketplace and it works correctly. However, if you're using Facebook integration, this widget cannot display pictures from Facebook.

OP
S

sweetee

Reaction score
I'll give that one a try tonight...

Noticing another bug? I've assigned some ring tones I downloaded from Zedge to my contacts and they don't seem to be sticking....it just says ring tone unknown...and when I go to reselect the custom ringer (it usually has a preview sound of the ringer when you select it from the list - but it doesn't preview) and click save....again it doesn't save it.

OP
S

sweetee

Reaction score
Ok tried that Contacts Widget and it works well....just too bad it couldn't pick up the FB contact image as well.

As for my other issue...I had to reboot the phone and then it was ok with the assigned ring tones....weird!