Different Contact Shortcut for Home Screen

allyouhave

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've just started trying to customize my home screen setup to be as efficient as possible. In my endeavors, I've stumbled upon a video from LifeHacker. The video can be viewed in their article here (4:23 displays what I'm looking to do), and here is a picture of the shortcuts that I'm not so sure how to obtain.

When I add my own contact shortcuts, I'm promted to provide my own photo (even if the contact has a photo linked to them already). When I click on the shortcut, which has no border around it and doesn't look elegant in the slightest, I am taken to that person's page in my contact book. This is not what I want to happen. Instead, I would very much like to have that nifty little drop-down menu with the shortcut options to text, call, email, facebook, etc... the user. Super bonus points if I can swipe left or right for even more contact shortcuts for the users.

Anyone know how to get that working?

In case this is relevant...
System Version: 2.3.20.a955.Verizon.en.US
Model number: DROID2
Android version: 2.2
PRL version: 52189

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
It looks like the video is of an original Droid, not a Droid 2. I get the same results as the video so that may be the difference. Maybe try Desktop Visualizer in the market. Or look for a contact widget on your phone or in the market. Some widgets are scrollable.

OP
allyouhave

allyouhave

Reaction score
It looks like the video is of an original Droid, not a Droid 2. I get the same results as the video so that may be the difference. Maybe try Desktop Visualizer in the market. Or look for a contact widget on your phone or in the market. Some widgets are scrollable.

Ahhhh, yes, and I totally just realized the way these forums are organized. At first glance (when I made this thread) I thought that "Droid Discussions" were for anything related to Droid phones. Meaning the Droid 2 included. But I'm just a little giddy goat, I suppose haha.

I'll keep looking around though. I can't imagine that they would take something out that adds convenience and looks way more slick than just a regular picture that links to a contact page...