Shazam widget has disappeared....

richboy284

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 4
Twitter
@RLWaltonJr
I feel like an idiot, but my Shazam widget has vanished from my home screen and I can't seem to figure out how to put it back; not the simple app icon; the widget. Am I crazy?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Long press an empty portion of your home screen> widgets> shazam

Sent from my Android device.

Right, that's how I got the widget the first time, but Shazam is no longer listed as a widget option. I don't get what has changed....

Did you uninstall shazam? Check your app drawer. If it's not there, it's not installed. If it is there but still but showing up under widgets, try uninstalling it, rebooting, then installing it.

Sent from my Android device.

The other thing might be is that you moved the app to SD? Not sure if you can with that, but moving an app to SD will lose you the ability to use a widget. Happened with me with Google+.

That was it, man! Thanks! I don't recall moving the app to the SD card, but there it was when I checked. As soon as I moved the app back to the phone, the option to add the widget to my home screen returned to the menu. Coolness.

That was it, man! Thanks! I don't recall moving the app to the SD card, but there it was when I checked. As soon as I moved the app back to the phone, the option to add the widget to my home screen returned to the menu. Coolness.

Glad to hear it, and that I could help. I hope that with ICS that limitation on Widgets gets fixed as I would like to move a couple apps like that but can't for the widgets. I will be moving on from the X2 world today as I am waiting here for my Bionic to be delivered by Fedex. Just got a deal I could not resist.

Back