New to the site...shazam not working

UT89

Reaction score
HI. I'm new to the site and joined to ask for advice on the shazam program. I have shazam encore and it has been working fine until today and now it immediately returns a message that it is unable to tag my music (within a second)....is this a temporary issue? I've not experienced this before and it's worked fine on my phone (HTC Desire HD) until today...It gives me two choices: Try to tag again? 1. Yes 2. No. IF I press yes, same problem, if no then I revert to the shazam home screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled it in case there was a problem with the software but no change.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community and i cant say i know a whloe lot on the Desire HD. Sorry i cant be much service on shazam and the Desire. Anyways feel free to ask questions and post any opinions. Im sure someone will come along that is more knowledgeable on the Desire than me. You might want to try contacting Shazams developer if the problem persists. Hope yo uenjoy the stay with us and hope you get the problem resolved

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum.

Try rebooting your phone and see if it starts to work. Have you recently downloaded another app? Or do you have a Task Killer on your phone? Another app could be messing with Shazam. If you have a Task Killer on the phone I would strongly suggest to get rid of it as it is not needed and has caused more issues with the Android system than they are worth.