Sharing purchases?

JonnyFunFun

Reaction score
So my wife and myself both have new Motorola Droids now. We used to have iPhones that shared the same iTunes account, so we could share the same app purchases. Is there a way for what I purchase she can use on hers and vice-versa without purchasing the same application twice?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. Anyone feel this is doable?

Mike

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
if i remember correctly a couple months back someone else was asking the same question, i think at the time, someone had said that google was looking in to how to do it, something like linking two accounts together or something to that function, not sure if that ever panned out or what not.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
could you possibly put the same gmail account on 2 devices ot on time?

I don't see why not. People lose, break their phones all the time. They don't remove the old phone from their Droid they simply set up the new Droid to use the Google account.

I suppose you could do this and share applications, I can't say of anyone I know who has tried it but it sounds good (to me) in theory.

BeADroid

Reaction score
I am running two different gmail accounts on my phone now, with no probelms. I do not see why you can not run the same account on both phones. JohnnyFunFun please update and let us know if you get to work. I am looking at getting the wife a droid, actually, giving her my droid and using her update to get the Droid X or Droid 2, it would awesome if we could share apps. Thanks.