Shame no marketing dollars went to the Droid Eris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Grimster

So it turns out that the Droid Eris is arguably the better Verizon android phone. HTCs software interface and addons are far superior to anything the Moto Droid has. Hardware is not everything. Given all the issues and complaints people are having with the Moto Droid and the LACK of issues everyone is having with the Eris its a shame the Eris did not get even $1 worth of marketing.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i've seen 2-3 commercials for it.. what do you mean NO marketing dollars?
agreed. I have seen a few commercials regarding the Eris.

However, I admit I did not even check the phone out. I was too excited about the Droid when I was in the store.:icon_ banana:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So it turns out that the Droid Eris is arguably the better Verizon android phone. HTCs software interface and addons are far superior to anything the Moto Droid has. Hardware is not everything. Given all the issues and complaints people are having with the Moto Droid and the LACK of issues everyone is having with the Eris its a shame the Eris did not get even $1 worth of marketing.

And the fact that you in your opinion think it's better. It doesn't even have 2.0 yet, your facts are skewed.

Newton122189

Reaction score
the reason there are problems with the Droid is cuz a few HUNDRED THOUSAND of them are out there being played with, there arent nearly as many Droid Eris' therefore you dont here about the problems nearly as much

CaptainDango

Reaction score

Arguably better by who? You?

Other than pinch and zoom and a slightly prettier UI, the Eris by far is an inferior phone to the Droid..in pretty much almost every way.

BzB

Reaction score
No need for jealous and envious comparisons. The eris is a nice phone but the moto droid is the top of the line android phone on vzw right now, os and hardware considered. :)

darreno1

Reaction score
'Better' is very subjective. For me, speed is a priority and that's where the Eris / Hero falls short. Also, I'm functioning just fine without Sense UI. Yeah it's nice to have, but I feel people are placing way to much weight on its importance. I guess one can say the same about Google Nav, a feature I depend upon. In the end is whatever works for you.

I have seen some Hero commercials but no Eris. I guess Verizon considers the Droid their money maker right now.

As for lack of complaints. People are already complaining about lag among other things on the Eris/Hero. This isn't the only forum you know. All smartphones will have their fair share of complaints.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One thing people fail to realize is that eris doesn't run on droid 2.0. Which at the moment is some of the reasons why the phone is getting complaints. You think HTC doesn't have to wait / fix those same things before they release the 2.0 SenseUI? You get to have the benefit of allowing others to find faults for you.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
Why advertise for the Eris when they can coax you into the store for the DROID? Users not wanting to spend the money on the droid usually look toward the Eris.

I consider the Eris more like a fallback/low budget solution for those not wanting to spend that much on the DROID.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guys, the OP is a troll. He goes from thread to thread just to argue that the eris is better than the droid. Pay him no mind.

OP
G

Grimster

You guys have to understand whats going on here. Its all about the OVERALL phone as a whole and in the end the Eris comes out on top. The Moto Droid does not do anything "great", for example yes it has a hardware keyboard but the keyboard sucks, yes it has a software keyboard but it sucks also compared to the Eris and its superior HTC soft-keyboard, yes the moto droid has a 5mp camera but it sucks also from what everyone is reporting below average picture quality, yes it has an interface but it sucks also compared to HTC sense UI and Iphone, yes it has a web browser but there is no pinch-to-zoom.....do you guys see what I am getting at??? Yes it has plenty of "specs" but it does NOT excel at any of those specs.

Specs are specs and they do NOT mean that a phone is going to be great or excel at what its advertised to do. They moto droid is an excellent example of this.

and I am not a troll, I just dont see what the hype is over the moto droid....

LordKastle

Reaction score
Anyone who says the keyboard sucks never has used the phone for more than 1 day. I prefer the physical keyboard to the virtual because I prefer not touching the screen all the time.

RTracer

Reaction score
Isn't there an Eris forum or something you can play on?

Its like the Mustang guys that troll my charger forums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
There is no argument here : )

Not as much $$ was spent on marketing because the Eris is NOT their top of the line Android device. It's not crap neither, it's a great phone. But you spend your marketing dollars on your flagship device first.

Simple logic....

Grim why continue with these threads in the Droid forum? There is an Eris section here. Where you will find happy Eris owners to discuss this with.

Post things like this there. It's more appropriate don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.