shadows on screen

Martymotion

Reaction score
Anyone notice a shadow area in the middle of the screen? Noticable when blank screen is displayed, sort of has a rectangular form just about middle of screen. Already replaced once, refurb now showing same. It is not wallpaper or saver related.

no problems here...sounds like your refurb needs to be refurbished....take it back.

Probably where your phone holster snaps closed or maybe its a holster magnet issue. You should get a holster that the phone faces your body when you put it in.

screen shadows

went to verizon store, they pulled off Zagg invishield ,wa la no shadow!
Seems to me the soft suede like nap of the verizon belt holster was transfering to the the shield.
now do I replace the shield with same or try another brand?

probably be the same with any shield. Unless its causing issues while the phone is on I wouldn't worry about it.

The Gorilla Glass is pretty tough and probably doesn't really need a shield (debatable for sure!) so there's that as an option. That's not to say the glass can't break and I've seen a friend's DX broken screen a month or two ago so they do break. But insofar as minor scratches go (presumably the best reason to have a shield) the Gorilla Glass can probably live without a shield.

Back