Anybody else noticing white spots on your screen?

rrockich

Reaction score
I remember my friend's dinc had this same issue and now it seems the dinc2 inherited the trait.

It's more noticeable while screen is displaying white or light color backgrounds. There's one just about in the middle and then a couple more below that.

Is it time to call VZW?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Possibly burnt pixels? I've never noticed that on my phone and I've had it for a year and a half.

OP
R

rrockich

Reaction score
I don't believe it's pixels because its a relatively new phone and the area of the spots is best described as if someone rubbed the screen hard and it got lighter where they rubbed it rather than localized pixel burnout.

8on3s

Reaction score
I noticed individual points, while I was using the camera to take a video, buy it looked as if that was just the digital zoom. As far as any spots none, had that issue on my old Eris and it was annoying. Lol been lucky so far.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

nikecar

Reaction score
i see some lighter spot but looking on certain pages with text. But I think it moves with the text so I chalk it up to lighter font.

OP
R

rrockich

Reaction score
Oh no then that's not it because these are always in the same spot like they are behind the lcd.

str8havoc

Reaction score
I remember my friend's dinc had this same issue and now it seems the dinc2 inherited the trait.

It's more noticeable while screen is displaying white or light color backgrounds. There's one just about in the middle and then a couple more below that.

Is it time to call VZW?

No but I have white line going down the right side of my phone. Anyway to fix this?

OP
R

rrockich

Reaction score
I suppose you could download and install jscreenfix from the market as a last ditch effort but if that doesn't help it sounds like a new lcd is in order (or refurbished warranty replacement handset as the case may be)

Futuremillionaire

Reaction score
I'm currently experiencing this exact same issue on Droid X. I ordered a warranty replacement & activated it today just to notice it also has the same issue with the screen. I called verizon back today to have another one sent out....Crossing fingers for a good one!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

str8havoc

Reaction score
I'm currently experiencing this exact same issue on Droid X. I ordered a warranty replacement & activated it today just to notice it also has the same issue with the screen. I called verizon back today to have another one sent out....Crossing fingers for a good one!

Good luck, I wasn't able the get mine replaced. It was out of warranty. So im stuck with it.

Futuremillionaire

Reaction score
I hate to hear that....luckily I had paid for the extended warranty & insurance so they're sending out another one and it should be here tomorrow. However, I have noticed the spot on mine first refurbished seems to disappear the longer it's been off the charger. It's almost not there. But when the phone is just off charge, the spot it longer & very obvious. How about you??

shinokodomo13

Reaction score
I've noticed this too. I'm a welder & so is my friend with a different Droid phone. We have found out that ultraviolet light such as the ones from an arc when welding disrupt the magnetic field of the phone & cause these white dots/mist on the bottom of our phones. Best thing to do keep the phone out of an type of direct uv light or infrared lights if possible

Sent from my Droid inc. 2

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I've noticed this too. I'm a welder & so is my friend with a different Droid phone. We have found out that ultraviolet light such as the ones from an arc when welding disrupt the magnetic field of the phone & cause these white dots/mist on the bottom of our phones. Best thing to do keep the phone out of an type of direct uv light or infrared lights if possible

Sent from my Droid inc. 2

Magnetic fields can play havoc with phones. A few years ago we were working with large permanent magnet generators and 3 people who worked close to them had their phones fried. These were just simple phones. Some phones had no problem.