severe battery discharge 40 to 20 | 30 to 20.

B

Bakerboy448

1. Have tried foxkatting my battery multiple times.
2. There is no apparent consistent reasoning

Problem:
When battery hits around 40 (sometimes 30) percent, in under a minute, it drops to between 15-20 percent... Even if all i did in that time was check the time.
Not in low signal
battery is not hot.
No wakelocks
Nothing running in background
No rhyme or reason behind it that i can fibd

avenged61973

Reaction score
I had the same problem. No matter what I did I couldn't fix it. It's been like that ever since jelly bean. While charging my phone would go from 80 to 100 skipping 90. I have had 3 replacement razrs sent from Verizon they all did the same thing. I ended up getting the upgrade kit to change my razr to a maxx and it's been fine. I don't understand it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
B

Bakerboy448

@Avenged.. so the 20% drop doesn't happen with the MAXX battery ?

wonder if there's a firmware imcompatibility with JB and the OG battery.... ?is that even possible?

cris

Reaction score
Have you ran gsam battery monitor to see what's really being used.

OP
B

Bakerboy448

not gsam, but BBS and the stock "Usage". thing is my phone can be sitting there idle, nothing in the back ground and it happens. or I can be doing something battery heavy and it happens.

Also seems that phone will drop from 15 to 5 or 10 to 5 in a literal matter of seconds. and same thing..
even did an FDR.. that didin't help either

cris

Reaction score
do you have jelly bean? i noticed a heavy drain with google plus location always on. it was always searching for my location, and updating those "cards" or whatever they are. i had to turn all that stuff off. only other thing it could be is the battery going bad id guess. just for kicks run gsam and see what it says for a 24-48 hour period and maybe post the screen shots, maybe someone can see something that your not seeing.

avenged61973

Reaction score
@Avenged.. so the 20% drop doesn't happen with the MAXX battery ?

wonder if there's a firmware imcompatibility with JB and the OG battery.... ?is that even possible?

I've had the maxx battery for a week and haven't seen it drop yet. It runs perfectly. With the 3 replacements I got I tried not rooting, not downloading any apps, meter training, and nothing worked. Each phone did the same thing. The last phone they sent me had ics still installed. It was a brand new phone and it worked perfectly. I updated to jelly bean and it started doing it again. I think it's just a jelly bean bug.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2