Settings panel in notification bar gone

NotSoSlenderMan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Alcatel OneTouch Fierce 2
Twitter
notsosl3nderman
The panel to turn WiFi on or off, location, screen rotation, etc. is gone. It comes back when I reboot my phone, but I don't know why it does this. Same thing on my LG Motion 4G, but the whole notification bar would be blank. I was wondering if there IS a solution, or do I have to keep rebooting my phone all the time. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 11358655_698237970320822_214780327_n.jpg
    11358655_698237970320822_214780327_n.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 429

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum! Can you tell us your make/model/carrier & OS version? Have you taken an update on your device lately?

Hang in there and hopefully one of our many knowledgeable members can give you a hand.

S5 tap'n

OP
NotSoSlenderMan

NotSoSlenderMan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
notsosl3nderman
Welcome to the forum! Can you tell us your make/model/carrier & OS version? Have you taken an update on your device lately?

Hang in there and hopefully one of our many knowledgeable members can give you a hand.
emoji2.png

S5 tap'n
My phone is an Alcatel OneTouch Fierce 2 (Alcatel 7040N) on MetroPCS. OS Version is 4.4.2 (KitKat). I haven't done any updates.
The same thing also happens on my LG MS770. Same carrier, OS is 4.04 (Ice Cream Sandwich)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
When do you notice it happening - after a phone call, after idle time, just random?

I don't have a solution to that issue but a possible workaround - you could download a 3rd party app ( Notification Toggle - Android Apps on Google Play ) to add your own toggle area...

Good luck and hopefully there is a solution to your actual issue...

OP
NotSoSlenderMan

NotSoSlenderMan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
notsosl3nderman
When do you notice it happening - after a phone call, after idle time, just random?

I don't have a solution to that issue but a possible workaround - you could download a 3rd party app ( Notification Toggle - Android Apps on Google Play ) to add your own toggle area...

Good luck and hopefully there is a solution to your actual issue...
It's random. Sometimes I won't even notice it until I want to turn WiFi on. Only fix seems to be rebooting the phone. I will try the 3rd party app and see what happens.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
That should be part of the system UI app - if you go into system settings / app manager / all / find system UI and clear cache / force stop, it might force it to reappear without the reboot...and of course it might not help it at all...