Setting up Outlook using OWA

golfnut75

Reaction score
I am trying to get my business email through Outlook 2003 set up on my Droid. When I go into set up my Exchange account, I cannot connect. I will use \userid, password, for Exchange Server, I am using the URL for out Outlook Web Access. I will type mail.server.com:8035/exchange (which is our OWA URL), and the next button will be greyed out. The moment I type in the :, the button gets greyed out. I have tried eliminating the :8035 but cannot connect.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

RichStevenson

Reaction score
I am trying to get my business email through Outlook 2003 set up on my Droid. When I go into set up my Exchange account, I cannot connect. I will use \userid, password, for Exchange Server, I am using the URL for out Outlook Web Access. I will type mail.server.com:8035/exchange (which is our OWA URL), and the next button will be greyed out. The moment I type in the :, the button gets greyed out. I have tried eliminating the :8035 but cannot connect.

Your username should be domain\userid.
Don't use the full owa url, just the mail.server.com

Also, if your Exchange admin has enabled policies, you won't be able to connect even with the right settings. At that point you can try Touchdown from NitroDesk in the Market.

diverbelow

Reaction score

If you have use a different port for OWA, then you have to tell the Exchange server settings which port to use. Have you tried a space between .com 8035. I used Evolution and I had to use a space for the different port my mail server used.

OP
G

golfnut75

Reaction score
I have tried both of your suggestions and no luck. I do not have any policies enabled on the Exchange server. Frustrating. Is anyone else using a port number in their URL to get to Outlook Web Mail? And are they getting it to work with the Droid for getting Exchange email?

diverbelow

Reaction score
I have tried both of your suggestions and no luck. I do not have any policies enabled on the Exchange server. Frustrating. Is anyone else using a port number in their URL to get to Outlook Web Mail? And are they getting it to work with the Droid for getting Exchange email?

Verizon might be blocking that port.

Raj

Reaction score
Try the application TouchDown, available in the Market. Though priced $20, it works great on my DROID.

SpencerC

Reaction score
Touchdown works great for me also, much better than the app that came with the droid.

Webleeper

Reaction score

Unless your Exchange server has Activesync enabled or you have POP access, you won't be able to connect.

Rutherford_Atlas

Reaction score
Chances are that you're putting in the wrong information and, unfortunately, it can be a pain to get the right combination, depending on how your Exchange server is set up. I struggled with trial and error to get my own settings right.

I'd recommend clicking next to the question mark at the top right of the OWA screen, then selecting About (if you don't see this, then you're on an older version of OWA). The page that pops up should tell you explicitly what your Exchange server is. Make sure to use that in your Exchange settings on your phone. And RichStevenson is right; your username should aways be DOMAIN\username.