Setting Up College Email

italiaD2G

Reaction score
Hello I am trying to set up my college email address to my phone. It is run thru gmail and I have my personal gmail account set up to my phone but for some reason the college one is giving me troubles.

It recognizes my email address and my password but then it says "Error Adding Account, the service is unable to automatically set up this account."

I have an option for Set Up Manually and when I click on that i have general settings, incoming/outgoing server. Im not sure what to do in those options tho.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

kickasz23

Reaction score
ask your school they will give you the info you need, mine gave me a walkthrough

clouse2013

Reaction score
Hello I am trying to set up my college email address to my phone. It is run thru gmail and I have my personal gmail account set up to my phone but for some reason the college one is giving me troubles.

It recognizes my email address and my password but then it says "Error Adding Account, the service is unable to automatically set up this account."

I have an option for Set Up Manually and when I click on that i have general settings, incoming/outgoing server. Im not sure what to do in those options tho.

Thank you

what college is it?

OP
I

italiaD2G

Reaction score

Thank you

what college is it?

Robert Morris here in Pittsburgh

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
You have to contact them because you need the server names and such to configure your account properly. It's considered common sense to know the parameters for mail servers, though.

OP
I

italiaD2G

Reaction score

Thank you for this, i tried as much as i could but it still didn't work, ill just have to contact RMU

You have to contact them because you need the server names and such to configure your account properly. It's considered common sense to know the parameters for mail servers, though.

yeah? i dont know those parameters, though.