Setting Text Message Ringtones

vonblue

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got the HTC Droid Eris, I've been trying to set the tone for my text messages. I went into Notifications and set the ringtone, and it did not work, only played the initial preset one. Then I made a custom ringtone for notifications, and it still didn't change except for that notifications such as emails, and facebook updates would play another sound which wasn't even my new custom ringtone. Is there a different way to set it or is my phone messed up?

Thanks

OP
V

vonblue

Reaction score
Yes, I know how to use the app. And, I've done that already. I figured out what the problem was, you can't set text message tones from Notifications. But, thanks anyway.

josh467

Reaction score
Open your sms app then press menu hardware key. Then settings. Then notifications. From within the app. Set it there and you'll be good.

thirstymudkip

Reaction score
How to set a song as a text ringtone

Ok im a little lost. Someone said "Open your sms app then press menu hardware key. Then settings. Then notifications. From within the app. Set it there and you'll be good." What sms app are you talking about? And i tried the Ringdroid App and still cant get this thing to work

modrows1

Reaction score
Ok im a little lost. Someone said "Open your sms app then press menu hardware key. Then settings. Then notifications. From within the app. Set it there and you'll be good." What sms app are you talking about? And i tried the Ringdroid App and still cant get this thing to work

Open the "message" app on your Eris - Then follow the directions to change the notification - I just did it myself - I'm currently checking out Zedge :)

Shibs

Reaction score
Yeah, it goes more like this..

Messages (SMS) > Menu (button at bottom) > Settings > Select Sound.

Then just simply select your ringtone.

mrnachocheese

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick tip, my wife was going nuts on how to set the tones on her Droid Eris.

Scribbles

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can set contact ringtones for text messages? I have some contacts that have their own ringtone for calls, but all text messages have the same ringtone and I would like to have it set where when some contacts send me a text their personal ringtone is used

h_pettet

Reaction score
I want to set my Message tone as one that I've bought or downloaded.. How do I do that?

Scribbles

Reaction score
I have Malibo to download ringtones, and from within the app you set it to notifications and this sets it for texts (and also notifications for voicemails, etc) but I havnt figured out any other way to set downloaded ringtones for texts just calls.
My problem is the ringtone is for all texts, even if the person has a specified ringtone for calls

buxtor

Reaction score
ok, just switched from the Storm and already this phone kills it hands down except one thing...
how do i custom sms tone on this thing? i want one contact to be one tone and another to ring differently and so on.
Help! i've d/l'd about 10 aps and none of them do it but they say they will.

JasmineO2007

Reaction score
I have a question ..... why do I have the same text msg ringtone for all my callers???? Can I have separet txt tones for some of my contacts or is it one tone for all???dancedroid