Ringtone to Notification sound.

AndroidNoob

Reaction score
I downloaded a "Sonar" ringtone using the application "Zedge" and it saved it under my phone ringtones. I wanted it saved under my notification sounds but it didn't work that way. Is there a way that I can move it to notification sounds so I can set it as such?

samredman

Reaction score
Go here for a simple instructions to put ringtones on your droid:

Motorola Droid - Custom Ringtone and Notification Tone | Mobile Technology Deals and Help

First click the link on that post telling how to mount the droid... then create the folders as described and put your ringtones in there. They will appear in your droid when you make ringtone and notification ringtones.

Also, you can search the "market" and download the app Ringdroid which lets you create your own ringtones from any mp3 you have on your phone (you choose the section which you prefer as the ringtone).

Plus, if you would like to have some ringtones and notifications tones which are that special "original droid voice sound" ringtones or some r2d2 droid speaking sounds (all those are ready now as ringtones or notification tones) you can download them in a zip file free at this address (that megaupload site checks all zips to be sure they are virus free):

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service