Setting ringtones (mp3) as notifications?

tritop15

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to set a ringtone or mp3 file as notification setting instead of only able to set as ringtone? I hate the limitation to few notification sounds. I'm not talking about soundboards apps, I have a mp3 file that I want to set as notification. Help..... Thanks!

djstar2k2

Reaction score
you have to go to the music player to bring up the music file and save as a ring tone use the menu key youll see the option. then go to settings notification ring tone it should be in the list. and the text notifidation is located in the text menu

OP
T

tritop15

Reaction score
I attempted that but it doesnt show on the notification ringtone, just phone ringtone. It's ok, I just figured out how to do it by creating a "notification" folder from my SD card and used it as notification ringtone. Thanks for your help and appreciate the quick response.

Its nice to receive help when asked. This is a great forum!

OP
T

tritop15

Reaction score
I'm not sure if creating a notification folder on my SD card worked or me getting an app call ringdroid. You can import your mp3 to ringdroid and set a specific length/area you want on the song and save it as alarm/notification/ringtones. Its pretty cool and very easy.

BillTheCat

Reaction score
I'm not sure if creating a notification folder on my SD card worked or me getting an app call ringdroid. You can import your mp3 to ringdroid and set a specific length/area you want on the song and save it as alarm/notification/ringtones. Its pretty cool and very easy.

x2. I also grabbed Ringdroid, and noticed that it created new folders on the SD card for ringtones, notifications, and alarms.

I was having a hard time figuring out how to save mp3's as ringtones after I had imported them onto the SD card. Ringdroid solved that. And of course, as a bonus, it'll let you cut ringtone-length samples from music, too. No more editing songs on the PC.

baumer

Reaction score
Thanks you rock! I now have my old mighty morphin power rangers communicator notification back!

igottafeeling

Reaction score
Setting notification sounds

I downloaded the Ringdroid and it made my ringtones all choppy and they didn't sound good, I just downloaded aRing and it works pretty well so far.

Reaction score
you have to go to the music player to bring up the music file and save as a ring tone use the menu key youll see the option. then go to settings notification ring tone it should be in the list. and the text notifidation is located in the text menu

Worked great!! I know this is from way back...but answered my question perfectly on my droid 1

black1cat13

Reaction score
reason

Thanks you rock! I now have my old mighty morphin power rangers communicator notification back!

thats the reason i got on this site! i was looking for a way to make the power ranger communicator mp3 as the notification tone!!! XD