Setting A Ringtone

Jake Benson

Reaction score
According to the GS3 manual I downloaded, to set a song as a ringtone you should:
1.Select apps, then select music player, then touch and hold on a song, then touch Set As and choose from these options:

a. Phone Ringtone
b. Caller Ringtone
c. Alarm Tone

I downloaded a song I want as a ringtone. When I touch it as directed this are the choices I get:
a. play
b. remove from playlist
c. more by artist
d. shop for artist
e. delete
f. search

Nothing in the menu about Set As or ringtones. Could someone please clear this up and tell me how to set song as ringtone?

OK. I just figured it out. I was trying to make a ringtone accessing "play music". In that app you get the above menu selection. BUT, If you use music player, then the menu comes up just as the manual says.

Last edited:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
J

Jake Benson

Reaction score
I don't want to assign a song for a ringtone to an individual, but to make the song the default setting for all calls.

Does the song have to be saved to the phone or sd card for this to happen? Does it matter?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
create a folder on your internal sd card called ringtones if its not there already, then just drop in all the mp3 music files you may want to select. They will now show up in your settings>sound>phone ringtone selections.

taken from android forums

OP
J

Jake Benson

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, but how do I create a folder on the sd card? The card I have was previously in my Droid x. I took it out and put it in the GS3. I noticed a "format" option in the menus somewhere? Does it need to be formatted? Thanks for the help.

thelopenator

Reaction score
All you need to do is make a folder on the SD called ringtones and put it in there. Then go to the phone and look at the Ringtones and it should be there.