SetCPU settings

massivegunz

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was just wondering what you guys have your profiles set to for SetCPU. I have frequent overheating problems while playing games.

I am running DAS BAMF 1.5-Remix and 2.6.32.21_bamf_4.3 Kernal.

Also should I change anything in the advance settings of SetCPU? or choose another kernal?

Thanks.

Reaction score
I'd recommend changing your kernel to one of imyosen's, there are internal settings, especially on the battery saver kernel, that dictate your set CPU governors and screen off CPU so you won't have to deal with setting them yourself, btw ill also add that I just switch from 1.5 to 1.6 remix on das bamf, you should check it out:) it comes with a toolkit that also allows you to mess with the CPU

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
M

massivegunz

Reaction score
I'd recommend changing your kernel to one of imyosen's, there are internal settings, especially on the battery saver kernel, that dictate your set CPU governors and screen off CPU so you won't have to deal with setting them yourself, btw ill also add that I just switch from 1.5 to 1.6 remix on das bamf, you should check it out:) it comes with a toolkit that also allows you to mess with the CPU

Thanks,
Im flashing kernal and 1.6 remix now. Ill tell you how it goes.

Reaction score

Thanks,
Im flashing kernal and 1.6 remix now. Ill tell you how it goes.

Welcome don't forget to wipe dalvik and cache and factory data reset:)

OP
M

massivegunz

Reaction score
So I flashed them last night and ill see how it goes today. So far the battery is lasting longer. Still some overheating while on a game for to long but its not as bad.

OP
M

massivegunz

Reaction score
It seems to be getting better battery life, but still a hog. Still have heating issues, but it is better on life.

Gatorguy18

Reaction score
Adrynalyne's 4.4.6 kernel is out now and has different CPU steps which many are reporting is making their phones run cooler. Might want to try flashing the new kernel. You can get it from Adrynalyne's kernel thread on XDA.