SetCPU Settings

pjjameso

Reaction score
Have had the D2G for about two weeks now and I must say the battery life is much worse than my Droid. Droid was overclocked and regulated by SetCPU which worked great.

Long and short has anyone come up with SetCPU settings/profiles that increase the battery life without compromising response? Is SetCPU even worth installing on the D2G?

All crapware has been renamed and I have no active widgets.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
I set a profile to set the cpu to 300 while the phone sleeps and I can get about 8 or 10 hours of jus texting and email and about 5 on nothing but constant texting, internet, and games.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
P

pjjameso

Reaction score
Curious, doesnt the android operating system provide throttle service to slow down the processor when in sleep mode or under low load?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think underclocking and battery life is based on kernel and its governor not os. I use on demand for all my set cpu profiles.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is another app on the Market for overclocking the D2 called Droid Overclock made by the rather remarkable Jrummy. Possibly the only dev I've ever acknowledged. You may want to take a look at that. I chose a low voltage 1.3 gb setting. Easy peasy, compared to SetCPU. And that's pretty easy too.

OP
P

pjjameso

Reaction score
Have you found it necessary to set profiles or just let SetCPU do its thing automatically. Not really sure what one accomplishes using different profiles.

I can see the temp would be handy if you were overclocking and pushing it to the limit.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To be honest I can see underclocking, or backing your d2 to 800 or even 600 to conserve battery. When ever I stream live nfl I will underclock my phone because even with my phone plugged up live streaming kills a battery.
But to overclock a d2 is not needed or worth it. You may get an extra 200 or maybe 300 mhz and that is not worth the extra heat or really do anything where you can see its value. I played with o/c for a moment when the method was first released then I went back to the way it was. The droid 1 is worth o/c because you can double speed.

swagmonster

Reaction score
Ok so I have a d2 and I oc too 4.2 does are u telling me ytht I'm not actually getting tht speed

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well you're def not getting to 4.2 maybe 1.42 lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
This is the droid 2 global I dnt even think there are overclocking kernels for it yet

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
P

pjjameso

Reaction score
To be honest I can see underclocking, or backing your d2 to 800 or even 600 to conserve battery. When ever I stream live nfl I will underclock my phone because even with my phone plugged up live streaming kills a battery.
But to overclock a d2 is not needed or worth it. You may get an extra 200 or maybe 300 mhz and that is not worth the extra heat or really do anything where you can see its value. I played with o/c for a moment when the method was first released then I went back to the way it was. The droid 1 is worth o/c because you can double speed.

You are so right regarding streaming music via 3G.... I listen to radioparadise at work using the multimedia dock plugged into the outlet and the battery is down to 20% at the end of the day! Weird thing is that i did the same thing on my DROID and the battery was fully charged at the end of the day. Was thinking maybe the power supply wasnt pushing enough amps but checked and its rated at 800ma, same as the wall wart that came with D2G.