Set Default Browser to Desktop Mode

Zael

Reaction score
Hey Guys & Gals,

I know this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it in the search. Is there anyway to set the default browser to render pages as full desktop pages instead of rendering their mobile versions? I am running with .604.

Thanks

armedmonkey

Reaction score
No. it's a server setting. Well if you could find a browser that lets you change your agent string maybe

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No. it's a server setting. Well if you could find a browser that lets you change your agent string maybe

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Unfortunately that appears to be correct. I've never found a setting for it.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
In the default browser, type about:config in the address bar. Then, go to settings and you'll be able to change the UAstring. It may be about:debug actually.

Unfortunately, the browser doesn't maintain this setting the next time you open it up. For that reason and because it doesn't have tabs, I don't use the stock browser. I really like dolphin hd. Another one to try is xscope.

phatkat66

Reaction score
In the default browser, type about:config in the address bar. Then, go to settings and you'll be able to change the UAstring. It may be about:debug actually.

Unfortunately, the browser doesn't maintain this setting the next time you open it up. For that reason and because it doesn't have tabs, I don't use the stock browser. I really like dolphin hd. Another one to try is xscope.

It is about:debug and also.... OOOOOOOOOOOOO that would explain after I close the damn browser it would go back to mobile sites after I changed that setting.... Stupid browser. I started using Dolphin HD yesterday and I love it! Its awesome and very smooth. Shoulda switched over long ago.

jcstarr

Reaction score

It is about:debug and also.... OOOOOOOOOOOOO that would explain after I close the damn browser it would go back to mobile sites after I changed that setting.... Stupid browser. I started using Dolphin HD yesterday and I love it! Its awesome and very smooth. Shoulda switched over long ago.

xScope is also pretty great and lets you change the UAString on the fly.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
type About:debug in the address bar and hit enter (you won't see anything happen)

go to Menu > Settings > scroll down to UAString and select Desktop.

sleeplessninja

Reaction score
Video Tutorial

Hello Everyone,

If anyone is having trouble following these instructions, here is a video tutorial that goes over how to set your Xoom Browser to Desktop Mode

[video=youtube;fm1ZlyChusc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1ZlyChusc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1ZlyChusc[/video]

Cheers!

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
This works beautifully. (about:debug gives debug menu without useragent on mine)
Type "about:useragent" (without the quotes) and touch Go button.
The list of options I get are:

Galaxy S
Iphone
Desktop
Lismore
Nexus One
Custom

I think it does reset when restarted, though.

Last edited: