Browser

Ewan500

Reaction score
Is there a way that I can set my droid x browser that when I enter a web address that it automatically loads the desktop version instead of the mobile one?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, and please correct me if I am. But I think more and more sites are supporting these phone and have made it a format to best fit the phone. Things are sized to read and search easier. But I still get plenty of sites that are regular links that I have to zoom and scroll to get around. I haven't seen a setting to chose just one or the other.

Sorry if that's not much help.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
In dolphin browser (download from market) you can set the client to desktop as well as android and iphone so that u see pages as if u were at a desktop on an iphone or on ur droid. I didn't like the browser at first but eventually after use i made it my default browser. Has some great features such as the desktop client setting.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

BalistikBill

Reaction score
I think the dolphin browser is way better than the stock browser.

BalistikBill

Reaction score
I've tried it. Didn't use it much though. Wasn't too impressed. They are coming out with a new browser that will have pinch to zoom. Until then I wont use opera again.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Dolphin browser is much better than opera in my opinion as well and it hs pinch zoom. Plus as a themer the fact that dolphin browser has themes makes it even better :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Dolphin is better for advanced web pages. Opera is faster for simple reading as it doesn't load everything on the page.

Sent from my DROIDX

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dolphin HD. That's been my default browser since installing it

Sent from my Droid using DF app

mikeyscislo

Reaction score
dolphin browser is not the fastest out there, which means more to me than aesthetics.

I'm waiting for opera mobile, not mini, to come out.