Serious question

Kendraso

Reaction score
Should i bother rooting my rezound? i had my old DINC rooted, and used the hell out of it when it was rooted, mainly cause of the wireless tether being free for me because of it being rooted. i got my rezound back in february for $100 on upgrade cause of an end of february sale. been loving the phone, especially the audio and speed, but i havent felt a need to root it like i did with my dinc....been playing around with the idea of doing it, specially since i have two upgrades available on my account incase this one screws up and i cant do warranty on it. with my dinc i didnt really use any of the roms tbh..or any of the kernals, just the wireless tether here and there for torrenting with my laptop and playing my ps3 online. and being i work as an indirect sales rep for verizon, ive actually activated countless Iphone 4's and 4S's with the dinc funnily enough, but have yet like i said the need to root the rezound. anyone able to make a compelling arguement for me to root my rezound?? also, had the infinite bootloop issue start last week, thankfully i knew about this site, otherwise i woulda had to do a warranty replacement..

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope, nothing more compelling than you already know. Sounds like you know the risks and rewards.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Devices are pretty good these days unrooted. Stock runs well, and there are many things one can do via apps in market instead of root.

That being said I am rooted because...
-custom roms: debloated, slightly better battery, slightly better performance, customized look, mods like volume wake
-wifi tether
-trying new versions of android before they come out

But sometimes it can be a hassle and risky with all the work that needs to be done to achieve this stuff. I like all the aspects that comes with rooting especially custom roms, but it's not really necessary with a device that performs as well as the rezound does stock.

sent from my galaxy tab 2

OP
K

Kendraso

Reaction score
Devices are pretty good these days unrooted. Stock runs well, and there are many things one can do via apps in market instead of root.

That being said I am rooted because...
-custom roms: debloated, slightly better battery, slightly better performance, customized look, mods like volume wake
-wifi tether
-trying new versions of android before they come out

But sometimes it can be a hassle and risky with all the work that needs to be done to achieve this stuff. I like all the aspects that comes with rooting especially custom roms, but it's not really necessary with a device that performs as well as the rezound does stock.

sent from my galaxy tab 2

yeah, and i mean, some of the roms are nice and all, but nothing to me that screams "you need me". i currently dont do enough with my rezound for me to currently justify rooting the rezound, atleast currently. granted it gave me great delight to activate iphones in our store via my rooted dinc, because it was like a sin to some of our apple users to have their phones activated by a droid. but i want to root it, yet i dont, i just dont know what i should do..and after reading the rooting process for the rezound, dunno if i should cause it seems overly complicated compared to the method used to root my old dinc..

Snoking

Reaction score
Well if we get ICS tomorrow, the game is reset to a new beginning!

pbickel

Reaction score
Kendraso said:
yeah, and i mean, some of the roms are nice and all, but nothing to me that screams "you need me". i currently dont do enough with my rezound for me to currently justify rooting the rezound, atleast currently. granted it gave me great delight to activate iphones in our store via my rooted dinc, because it was like a sin to some of our apple users to have their phones activated by a droid. but i want to root it, yet i dont, i just dont know what i should do..and after reading the rooting process for the rezound, dunno if i should cause it seems overly complicated compared to the method used to root my old dinc..

I found a tool online can't remember exactly what its called but just google rezound root tool it does Everything for you all you have to do is get the unlock code and push 1 and 2 so it knows you want to root that's it

flamewalker

Reaction score
I have found no reason to root this yet, especially since it will get ICS eventually. I might get it if JellyBean looks good when it's released, as they likely won't update the Rezound again (at least thats my guess)...

flamewalker

Reaction score
Actually the free wifi tether is a tempting tool... however I wouldn't hardly ever use it, so no compelling reason yet for me. Unless I get tired of Sense, or something :p

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wifi tether is nice for when I travel, or when I am at my gfs house cuz she has slow internet. Also it will be nice when/if we ever get a working miui rom on the rezound. Hopefully we all get official ICS soon!

sent from my rezound

B

bens42608

you know you don't have to route to use internet off your phone right you can use pda net for wired tether or you can use foxfi for wireless tether over bluetooth. some laptops have a bluetooth receiver or not they only like 20 bucks is worth it

but yes the truth is there is really no reason to root anymore these phones are so good stock. it one reason why the hype around the nexus is so artificial

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea you are right. I am running out of reasons to suggest root. The custom roms are fun though.

sent from my rezound

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Yea you are right. I am running out of reasons to suggest root. The custom roms are fun though.

sent from my rezound

If I root, it will be to remove the 17 pieces of bloat VZW loaded on my phone. I'm sick of looking at them.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

pbickel

Reaction score
I rooted and flip between Scott's clean Rom and newts one xxx. Scots clean Rom is the same as the leaks just without bloat and a little more customization and on newts one xxx you can get sense 4.0 which may not be coming to the rezound at all