Streaming media from PC to PS3 using Wireless Tether

jf7609

Reaction score
So i want to know is it possible to do this. I do NOT have wifi in my house. I currently use my rooted DInc with wireless tether to stream Netflix on my PS3. I have a LAN cable plugged into my PC and PS3 and I can change settings on the PS3 from wireless to wired so I can stream media that way. What I want to know is can I download an app of some sort or just change settings on my computer that will allow me to stream media (basically movies) to my PS3 while they are both connected to my DInc using wireless tether? Does DLNA or something come into play here? Or is this just wishful thinking. I know someone may suggest just switching the settings on the PS3 from wired to wireless and vice versa, but i would love to not have to do that. Ive tried a couple apps like twonky, from the market, but they wont work unless wifi is enabled on the phone. Obviously i cant enable wifi while I'm using wireless tether! Any help is appreciated!

kichard

Reaction score
The issue is not on your telephone,but between your computer and ps3. As long as your wireless tether creates a network both devices can connect to you only need to find out how your ps3 would in turn stream movies from your computer. For example I use windows media center with my 360 to stream movies to my Xbox. As I said.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums