Serious Problem With Play Music

maxtheman

Reaction score
I recently transferred about 500 songs from my Droid Razr Maxx's internal phone storage to my SD card using a laptop to transfer the music safely. The transfer was successful and all music shows up on the SD card and can be played from the file location on the phone. The problems started when I began to listen to music on my Play Music app from google. At first all songs showed up on device, however every song in the library gave an error message "unable to play song." I turned the device off and back on and everything began to work fine until I noticed half of my songs no longer showed up on on the device. I can still play the music if I select the "all music" option on Play Music. When I selected to play all music a safety pin appeared under my notifications that says "keeping requested music." This action sucked up about 2 GBs of data in a few short hours. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue? It doesn't make sense to me that I cannot store music on my SD card to be played without triggering a chain reaction of grief.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum
It almost sounds as if you are talking about 2 different things, the first being music you transferred from your PC after copying from the old phone, then Google Music and pinning songs. Unless yuou were rooted on the old phone you wouldn't have been able to access the Google songs directly. Ounning them means you want to make them available for off-line use so it will take up INTERNAL storage and would be music you got directly from Google. That's the way Google Music works.

The original issue may have been a corrupt SD card. Download JetAudio from the Google Store (it indexes music on an SD card) and see if you have the same problem.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
-According to the "What's New" section in the Play Store for Google Play Music. SD card support is only enabled on KitKat devices at the moment.

-Your profile says you have a RAZR MAXX.

-RAZR MAXX is still on Jelly Bean.

-I would recommend transferring your music to the Google Play Music cloud and then just pinning the songs you want from your device.

-Alternatively I would recommend trying another music player that has SD card support.

OP
M

maxtheman

Reaction score
Sorry I know my original posting was unclear. Based on the responses it sounds like the issue is with music I have purchased from Google Play. Maybe keeping that on internal storage instead of an SD card would solve the issue.

Thanks for the help guys!