Serious battery issue.

mcp770

Reaction score
I finally decided to give in and try Rubux 2.0.1 after a long affair with 1.9.7. Now my darn battery is still 40% at the 36 hour mark. I mean really Drod, how are we supposed to properly reset the battery stats when it takes nearly a week to fully kill the battery twice? Not only that but I usually drop the phone on the charger every night for about 7 hours and now I don't even need to do that! I don't know if I can handle going outside for the day without a charger handy.....it's a scary new experience.

Awesome job!

CHP

Reaction score
lol. nicely done! :D agreed. best battery life I've had yet.

lawdawg06

Reaction score
I downloaded rubix and havent noticed a difference on battery, did you guys do something special that you care to share?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
mcp770

mcp770

Reaction score
I use drods sysctl settings, conservative, ulv. I do use extended battery but still amazingly increased life coming from liberty and even 1.9.7.

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I finally decided to give in and try Rubux 2.0.1 after a long affair with 1.9.7. Now my darn battery is still 40% at the 36 hour mark. I mean really Drod, how are we supposed to properly reset the battery stats when it takes nearly a week to fully kill the battery twice? Not only that but I usually drop the phone on the charger every night for about 7 hours and now I don't even need to do that! I don't know if I can handle going outside for the day without a charger handy.....it's a scary new experience.

Awesome job!

Damn.. must be bugged.. I was hoping to give you guys 3 hours tops battery life just so you could test it with properly reset battery stats, and maybe, MAYBE pull 4 hours..

CHP

Reaction score
I downloaded rubix and havent noticed a difference on battery, did you guys do something special that you care to share?

Conservative Gov and Undervolted. I normally have it undervolted so the conservative gov must be the one thing that makes it so much better.

meshdub

Reaction score

Conservative Gov and Undervolted. I normally have it undervolted so the conservative gov must be the one thing that makes it so much better.

What are your frequency/voltage settings?
I tried running BatterySaver profile in QuickCLock, but getting too many reboots.

in99flames

Reaction score
I usually go 2 days now, I have an extended battery. I tend to play a lot of games, sometimes I kill it by the end of the day. But since the update, It always lasts me the full day. I used to scramble for a charger like 7PM but due to excellent programming on drods part I dont need to charge so much!

I use jrummys overclock program purchased form the market. I use medium voltage at 1.2Ghz Seems to be a little speed boost and give the battery I like.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Man, IDK how the heck y'all are getting these numbers. I've been using rubiX for about 4-5 versions ago. True, with each new release I do some a small battery life increase. But even running Conservative with below ULV vsel #'s there is only a 10%-20% increase. Yes, an increase is a great thing but I'm not getting an entire day. Plus I have the Moto extended battery (BX6H...or something like that...I know it has a 6 and not the 5 like the stock battery.)

With that said, I did on ONE day last week achieve super battery life. I went from 8:45am to 1am and still had 40% left. Never have I seen such with my DX. IDK why I can not achieve that on a regular basis. I even tried reducing my homescreens from 7 to 3....no luck.

Oh well, I love rubiX. I do have better battery life running rubiX, just not what you all claim to have.

It's still rubiX FTW!!!

darienms86

Reaction score
are the sysctl settings automatically set or is there a script that needs to no be run? i get like 13-15 hrs. which is good in my opinion but no where near 36 like some. i run on batterysaver form qc and conservative. vsels are 300-15, 540-27, 720-35, 900-43. is there something else i can do to improve or am i stuck where im at. any thoughts would be appreciated

OP
mcp770

mcp770

Reaction score
15 hours on regular battery isn't shabby with moderate use. Extended battery is where you really start seeing day+. I use the stock sysctl numbers drod incorporated.