Severe Battery Issues

kunym16

Reaction score
Ok so the last 2 months, my droids battery life has completely gone down the drain. It used to be able to last me the whole day with a good amount of usage. Now it is lucky to last me half a day with nearly no usage with a phone call or text here and there. I have to charge it multiple times a day and it severely limits what I can do with my phone.

One day, however, my phone died, so I put it on the charger, but then it said it had 40% battery so that got me to thinking that it may be my phone basically lying on how much battery life it actually has. Lately, though, it has gotten a lot worse and today it was the worst. I took it off the charger after charging all night, and then 2 hours later, it was low battery and all I did was take 1 phonecall. Now after being suppossedly fully charged again, I used it for 5 minutes (not exaggerrating) and it went to low battery.

I just want to know if this is a battery issue or a phone issue. If so what should I do? Factory reset is my least desired option, but if I must, I will. Im just tired of having to know I need to bring my charger with me everywhere I go

rmadison76

Reaction score
It is Battery Issue I had same thing then I went to Battery Surplus and purchased the BH6X which will work and lasts me about 3 days before needing recharged with usage, Kinda like our phones did when we first bought them lol. Also I recommend to not download any battery apps from Google play as they will constantly run and all say different %'s while running will only drain it faster of course. Hope this helps and I am trying to figure all apps and running services to add to the auto end setting to make sure when I close apps or I am done with them to ensure they are not running in background using more battery.