Batteries won't hold a charge and missing pics and music

twooton

Reaction score
Ok I'm not tech savy at all. Yesterday I noticed my ringer had changed to default ringer and all the ones I had downloaded are gone. Along with music and pictures. The funny thing is everything I downloaded from Thursday to today is still on my phone. So everything before Thursday is gone. Along with that issue my battery which is extended life and usually last through several days without a charge won't charge completely or keep a charge. I tried taking memory card out and battery. I put a new battery in it and it's still doing the same thing. I can't get a charge over 30% with it plugged in for hours. I checked apps that are running an it's only basic ones no gps or wifi.
Please help! My warrenty is up and I'm sure like most of you I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT!!!

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmm... What brand and class is your memory card?

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Last edited:
OP
T

twooton

Reaction score
? um beans and class? It's a ScanDisk 16gb LOL

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol... Brand and class?
So it's a SanDisk...that's good...
the files that are disappearing... Are they in your internal or external memory?

OP
T

twooton

Reaction score
LMAO! oh good a typo! I don't feel so bad now. Ok I wasn't sure so I took my memory card out and turned the phone back on. And the songs an a couple pics are there that I downloaded on Thursday so they are on my internal memory. SO I am guessing Thursday my memory card died? I did take it from my phone that day and put it in a car stereo but the music wouldn't play from it. Could that have broke my memory card? And could that be the reason that my phone won't hold a charge? OMG what have I done!

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol... That's what happens when Swype does some talking....haha
Before you right off the card as dead... Have you tried plugging it into a PC?
On the card it should say what class it is..... Is it a four or six?

OP
T

twooton

Reaction score
Ok just plugged it into the computer and get nothing. It doesn't even recognize that I plugged a drive in at all! I even tried my son's micro card and it read his. And I don't see a class on it it just says HC. UGH I'm so bummed ;O( Ok do you think that could be the problem with my battery?

jjsteps

Reaction score
did u unmount card for safe removal?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

jjsteps

Reaction score
try reading microsd by self without the phone in adapter

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
T

twooton

Reaction score
I replaced my memory card all seems well now. Its very weird though that it drained my battery. And the Miro adapter that I put my memory card in to try to open it on my computer no longer works since I used my memory card in it. My son tried to use it later that day an it won't even register that its in my computer. So I don't know much about it seems like my memory card was zapping every
thing I used it in. Sad though I lost a year of pictures an a ton of music on it. Lesson learn I will be backing my memory card up on my harddrive from now on! Thank you for all ur help I would have been clueless without it.