Seperate Mail Icon for Specific Folder

davebybee

Reaction score
Using the Incredible.. I need to create a separate mail icon that shows new email notifications for only a specific email sub-folder (sync'd to Exchange).

So, I'd still have the main mail program icon that reads my main inbox (as I do now), but I'd also have a 2nd mail icon reading the sub-folder.

This would allow me to monitor email in a sub-folder form my home screen.

Can anyone help me on this? Thanks.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it would solve your problem, but you might try downloading k-9 and have it synch only the folder you want to check.

OP
D

davebybee

Reaction score
Thanks JSH. I loaded K-9. I am getting connection error when trying to setup the SMTP. So I'll need to work on solving that.

But in the K-9 setup menu, it appears that I can only designate at which level folders are checked on push/poll (ie. 1st class, 2nd class) but doesn't allow me to name a specific folder and exclude the inbox folder. If I'm understanding this correctly, then it wouldn't accomplish what I'm after.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks JSH. I loaded K-9. I am getting connection error when trying to setup the SMTP. So I'll need to work on solving that.

But in the K-9 setup menu, it appears that I can only designate at which level folders are checked on push/poll (ie. 1st class, 2nd class) but doesn't allow me to name a specific folder and exclude the inbox folder. If I'm understanding this correctly, then it wouldn't accomplish what I'm after.

Can't help you very much because I use K-9 in a rather simple way. But I believe if you select a particular folder and then go to Menu> "more" and "folder options" you can designate that particular folder's display and synchronization options. I believe if you experiment with those settings for your various folders you may be able to exclude the "inbox" and, in effect, promote the folder for particular types/senders to be the only folder that is synched, displayed, and sends a notification.

Good luck and if you figure out all this, I'm sure others would like to know. Myself included.