Exchange Push Email in Folders

neonerz

Reaction score
First I want to think everyone, this forum has been GREAT, and I've learned a ton.

I'm testing out the Droid with the thought of replacing my BB Tour. I know the Droid wont be able to match the exchange integration, but the things it does offer makes up for it (a working SSH client is HUGE for me).

One thing I've noticed though (and this could be entirely due to my exchange server, we are in the process of rebuilding it because of issues I've found while trying to setup OMA), when email comes into my main inbox, it shows right up on my Droid, but if they come into a sub folder, I have to go into that folder, so it resyncs, before I see the email.

Does anyone experience this? Does the Droid only push to the inbox, not the sub folders? I have a lot of sub folders, and if I have to refresh them every time to see if I have new mail...well then I'd have to give back this Droid, and I REALLY don't want to.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try another email app. I have no such problems with Touchdown.

Grabraham

Reaction score
I urge you to checkout Touchdown. The stock app worked about the same as you described for me which was completely functional but 'less than ideal'. Kinda-Sorta like OWA, if you are logged into OWA server (2003) you see newmail in the inbox but not in the rules controlled folders 'right away' . Touchdown has a 5 day trial version available and is cheap money if you decide to purchase. I did on day 2 of the trial and dont regret dropping the $20 on it at all!

OP
N

neonerz

Reaction score
After making this post, I started searching harder, and found that this was a limitation of the email app in Android (Seriously Google?).

So I downloaded the trial of Touchdown and it does work great (having tasks is a huge plus too), my only complaint is the fugly interface. Function over form though.

Thanks.