Sending Rooted Droid Back To Verizon...

michaelearth

Reaction score
I am sending my Droid back to verizon and it is rooted. So what do I need to do to it so that verizon will never know that it was once rooted? Is there a guide?

Thanks

imabie09

Reaction score
I sent back a rooted (but bricked) Droid back to verizon that wouldnt boot up, it stopped with the screen slightly lit up right before the M logo. This was sent in the prepaid return envelope they sent me with my refurb one and they had no complaints about it being rooted. Otherwise, if you look up "sbf RSD Lite restore" you should be able to find a easy guide to get it back to completely stock settings.

Reaction score
Use rsd lite to flash the 2.01 sbf file then do the official update to 2.1. then send back :)

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
I may have a problem here..... I was trying to get back to stock and now when I try to reboot my phone the phone shuts off during the "red eye" boot screen and I dont think I can get into recovery mode.

bacalao

Reaction score
Did the RSD method about 4 days ago. Worked fine for me. Though I think I forgot to update to 2.1

Abadus

Reaction score
If you RSD to 2.01 it should automatically try and install 2.1. Mine did within minuets.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If your sending it back, why bother updating it to 2.1? get it to 2.01 and leave it....

vzwtek

Reaction score
I may have a problem here..... I was trying to get back to stock and now when I try to reboot my phone the phone shuts off during the "red eye" boot screen and I dont think I can get into recovery mode.

They wont care how they get it, if you are wanting to be careful, just pull the battery during a hard reset, problem soooooollllvvveddddd. They will have to reflash it using RSD tools, and there ya go.

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
Ok, I can now boot up again after using RSD Lite, but now im on 2.1 and its versions is ERD79. But I can still boot into recovery but i cant perform anything that requires root. So am I rooted? Or should I just send it the way it is now even though I can still boot into recovery?

Thanks a lot guys!:)

vzwtek

Reaction score
I dont think they are really gonna care, they are just going to reflash it when they get it. but if you are paranoid about it, just reflash it with ESE81 and call it a day. Let someone else get the golden ticket, lol.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remember to clear the nanadroind and or clockworkmod files on the SD card.

Mike