Send to - Where is contact list?

poz3614

Reaction score
Am I missing something? Why when I want to send a message or email do I have to type in the whole address of who to send to? Why doesn't the contact list come up when I tap the To box?

OP
P

poz3614

Reaction score
I guess I answered part of my own question. The right way to email someone in your contact list is to first select the name in the list, select email, then the address will be automatically entered. But if you want to send a message using the Messaging app then you have to type in the whole address.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
No you don't. You can just start typing their name and it pops up a list from your contacts that match.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I guess I answered part of my own question. The right way to email someone in your contact list is to first select the name in the list, select email, then the address will be automatically entered. But if you want to send a message using the Messaging app then you have to type in the whole address.

Assuming you are using the default messaging app, instead of entering their phone number, just start typing their name, the list of names will come up in a drop down list.