Send & Receive Texts Through PC

eberk_dankil

Reaction score
I was looking for an app to send and receive texts through my PC. Is there any one app people know of that does this?

doublea500

Reaction score
You can use Aim (aol instant messanger) or email

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Natey2

Reaction score
Google Voice.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

OP
E

eberk_dankil

Reaction score
I wanted to sent the texts through my phone using my PC. I know Droidnotify will send notifications to my PC if I receive any texts, I just want to be able to reply using the same app.

Snow02

Reaction score
Android screencast will let you manipulate your phone from the computer while connected via usb.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Mightytext (formerly texty). It's in beta, so you have to apply to try it out... works through Chrome (w/ plug-in).

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google Voice.
It's not just an app (you have to sign up for the GV service and switch to using your GV number unless you're with Sprint) but it's what I use for this. You don't even need the device -- just any internet connected PC. Very handy for the times I forget my phone.

Further, GV effectively acts as automatic backup for SMS. SMS messages are stored with your GV account. The GV app just syncs with your GV account. If you switch devices (even from one OS to another), just load the GV app, sign in and your messages are there.

Natey2

Reaction score
... you have to sign up for the GV service and switch to using your GV number unless you're with Sprint ...

I use my regular cell number, and my GV number, with Verizon. Phone gives me an option which to use on outgoing calls. I give the GV number to people I want to screen before accepting their call.
I send text messages using the GV number, or via textPlus (separate free number).
There is also Textfree, which is an Android app and also has a web interface for sending text messages http://www.pinger.com/textfree/

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

Last edited:

aoddead

Reaction score
Use pdanet. Pdanet has a feature to send and receive texts through your PC in an outlook type format. Also has the added bonus of being a tehtering app as well.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk