Record audio and send text?

jpkennedy79

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app that allows you to record audio and send through text? Is this not built into the Droid?

thanks

OP
J

jpkennedy79

Reaction score
Thanks. Looking to do it through text message, do you know of app for that?

OP
J

jpkennedy79

Reaction score
it will take what you say and convert it to text and send it as a text message

Sorry, that is not what I'm looking to do. I would like to record audio and send the actual audio attached to the text message.

th9203

Reaction score
Just curious but

why the insistance on using TM to transmit non-text data when the mail systems work better for what is essentially an attachment or in another world, make a phone call and leave a voice mail.

I am sure that there is a good reason and it is your choice how you do this. Have you searched through the Market or Googled variations of VoiceText or TextVoice?

cableguy

Reaction score
....handcent....use it everyday....

Is there a way to go voice-to-text other than through the "quick reply" feature?

Example... can you start a new text message and have it converted from voice to text? I cannot find that feature in handcent.

Thanks!

th9203

Reaction score
For Voice to Text you could try "TalkToMe Keyboard". It is in the Market. :)

[EDIT] Thanks for not flaming me. See my updated post later in this thread.

OpalCat

Reaction score
....handcent....use it everyday....

Is there a way to go voice-to-text other than through the "quick reply" feature?

Example... can you start a new text message and have it converted from voice to text? I cannot find that feature in handcent.

Thanks!
I'd like to know this, too! I didn't know Handcent could do voice-to-text, but that would sure be cool to use!

stumpie

Reaction score

Sorry, that is not what I'm looking to do. I would like to record audio and send the actual audio attached to the text message.

Of you're just wanting to record your voice , While in a text tap the menu button / Attach / Record audio ... When done recording hit send..

th9203

Reaction score
Was I ever wrong!

Handcent is the application for IMs. It appears to be far superior:) to what can be done with emails relating to what I would have to call personal (non-document) attachments. I may switch over to IMs even though it would mean putting more $$$ into the Verizon coffers. :icon_evil:

I have been enlightend. Thanks to all who participated here. :icon_ banana:

mjl4878

Reaction score

Of you're just wanting to record your voice , While in a text tap the menu button / Attach / Record audio ... When done recording hit send..

just tested this and works perfectly

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

just tested this and works perfectly

Nothing happens when I hit record audio. It just goes back to the message.