Audio Recorder?

nooter99

Reaction score
Anyone know of an app that records audio with an editing function. I have a parrot that does all kinds of talking, but only when HE wants to! I have been able to record some things, but it typically takes 6-8 minutes of recording to get 30-40 seconds of good stuff. I want to be able edit/cut all the good parts that I can save over time into one clean 2-3 minute file, if that makes any sense!

Olivier

Reaction score
Anyone know of an app that records audio with an editing function. I have a parrot that does all kinds of talking, but only when HE wants to! I have been able to record some things, but it typically takes 6-8 minutes of recording to get 30-40 seconds of good stuff. I want to be able edit/cut all the good parts that I can save over time into one clean 2-3 minute file, if that makes any sense!

My app, TapeMachine, does exactly this :) You can select parts of the sound with pretty high accuracy. Then you can either crop, delete or mute the selection.

There are both free and paid versions on the market, simply search for "TapeMachine".

The homepage is here: http://tapemachine.samalyse.com

Hope that helps!

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Looks pretty cool man... going to check it out...

Olivier

Reaction score
Cool :) Don't hesitate to comment here, I'll follow this thread.

Colin

Reaction score
Does this app have the ability to record via a mic wired to the headphone jack opposed to using the phone's internal mic?

I need an easy and effective way of recording audio (engine noise) while driving so that I can combine the audio with video I'll be recording with cameras mounted on the car.

Olivier

Reaction score
Hi Colin,

Does this app have the ability to record via a mic wired to the headphone jack opposed to using the phone's internal mic?

I need an easy and effective way of recording audio (engine noise) while driving so that I can combine the audio with video I'll be recording with cameras mounted on the car.

If an external mic is plugged in, it will normally get used by the system, and thus by TapeMachine. You can try this with the free version by the way.

But, until now, all users who tried to plug an external mic have had a critical background noise problem. It might be different with your phone, but I think that in most case none of the trivial adapters out there will do. This is a purely electronic problem.