Send audio clip as mms

greyhulk

Reaction score
Am I missing something? I can't find any way to send an audio clip on my sd card as an mms. I was able to do it in my 1.5 android phone. Why is the option missing on the droid? The only option you have is to record new audio to send. I even tried browsing to the sound clip with a file browser and sending it.

I thought this was stupid on the iPhone, but I expect more out of android. Why leave this feature out?

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Yea this is wierd... I can attach video and pics but not a pre-recorded audio file.

They couldn't possible have done this to avoid people trading music could they?

OP
G

greyhulk

Reaction score
Yea this is wierd... I can attach video and pics but not a pre-recorded audio file.

They couldn't possible have done this to avoid people trading music could they?

Unlikely. Max file size is 600k for MMS on Verizon. There's really no reason to do this other than to be gay like iPhone MMS. You can't even add audio to slides.

As a workaround, I downloaded Handcent SMS. It will let me attach audio files, but as soon as I try to send one, it kills my data connection and the file never sends. I had to uninstall the program to get my connection back. At least there's hope. If they update Handcent and/or Chomp to work with Droid, we'll be able to send audio clips again.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Ok Im bumping this because I ran into this same issue last night trying to send my Daughter a ringtone. I sent it then went to bed thinking she'd get it. Woke up this morning and it was still trying to send.

I didnt see this in the list of things coming in the Dec 11 update. This definitely needs fixed.

brlknmz

Reaction score
You need a file manager program such as Astro. Use that program to find the audio you are trying to send and then long press on it.

You will have the option to send using Bluetooth or Email. Choose Gmail or Email option. In "To:" field you will type the phone number of the receipient then the domain name of the carrier. See list below for list of most commonly used carriers. You do not need to enter anything in subject field or the body of the message.

Alltel = [email protected]
Amp’d Mobile = [email protected]
AT&T = [email protected]
Boost Mobile = [email protected]
Cingular (AT&T) = [email protected]
Nextel = [email protected]
Sprint = [email protected] or [email protected]
T-Mobile = [email protected]
US Cellular = [email protected]
Verizon Wireless = [email protected]
Virgin Mobile = [email protected]

Example [email protected] is the address you would put in if you want to send the audio to owner of 123456789 phone number at Verizon Wireless.