Selling my RAZR, Simm Card question

wkayl

Reaction score
I ordered the RAZR MAXX today. I am going to list my original RAZR for sale. What is the procedure with the Simm card? Does the new owner need to go to Verizon and get a new one? Then do I just destroy my old one (I believe the new MAXX comes with one with my information already on it).

Verro84

Reaction score
Yes whoever buys it from you will need to get a new sim card unless the Max comes with 1 and its not active also you can just use the sim card from the original Razr and let them try to activate the new sim

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I ordered the RAZR MAXX today. I am going to list my original RAZR for sale. What is the procedure with the Simm card? Does the new owner need to go to Verizon and get a new one? Then do I just destroy my old one (I believe the new MAXX comes with one with my information already on it).

SIM cards are free upon activation and the buyer may even already have his own which he'll simply insert into the phone and it will automatically be activated so don't be concerned for him. If your new MAXX comes with a SIM then simply destroy the one you have now once the new one arrives. SIMs can not be reused and once the new SIM has been activated your old SIM will be terminated. Otherwise if the new one doesn't come with a SIM you'll simply plug your old SIM into the new phone and you'll be in business.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums