Original Razr....Yes or No..?

jdroid80

Reaction score
Ok... Hmmm... why a car dock? I was going to just purchase a car charger. Does it matter really?

The car dock is nice since it'll hold the phone while navigating and you can just pop in your phone and charge quickly since it had the charger built in.

I've heard the Motorola version WITH car charger has an auxiliary cord that comes out the USB cord so you only need one cable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The car dock is nice since it'll hold the phone while navigating and you can just pop in your phone and charge quickly since it had the charger built in.

I've heard the Motorola version WITH car charger has an auxiliary cord that comes out the USB cord so you only need one cable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
jdroid80 is correct. The Vehicle Navigation Dock

View attachment 46647
comes with a Vehicle Power Adapter (model SPN5581A)
View attachment 46649
which has two USB jacks. The kit also comes with a Audio and Power USB cable (model number escapes me ATM).
View attachment 46648
This cable has a MicroUSB connector on one end, and the other end termintes into a Standard USB A plug but also has a 5" long pig-tail coming off the back of the USB A plug which has a Standard 3.5mm Stereo output! Finally it comes with a Standard Male to Male 3.5mm Audio Cable
View attachment 46650
This way, you put the phone in the dock, push down the connector for the USB plug in the dock's top and you not only have power but also AUDIO instantly to your car player. One cable to do both, and NO cable into the Headphone jack of the phone! dancedroid

It can be purchased from Motorola at the first link above, or from Amazon.com here! This is where the pics included came from.