Seidio Obex case air tight?

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to offer a report on the Seidio Obex Galaxy S4 case.

Flying from Raleigh to Las Vegas this past weekend, I noticed something odd about the Obex case I purchased. After takeoff and being allowed to power up my S4 (in airplane mode) I noticed that the touch screen was increasingly difficult to activate. This occurred both with swiping and individual touches. After putting the phone away for a few minutes, I retrieved it from the seatback pouch and noticed that it felt funny. Different. Thicker. After closer inspection I found the built in screen protector was bulging! After considering my options I opened the charging port cover and was amazed to see the screen protector shrink back to it's original position. Apparently the case is so tight that the lowering of the cabin pressure was enough for it to expand due to the higher air pressure inside the case! A true testament to the tightness of this case. On the return flight Monday, I simply left the charging port open for the duration of the flight. Bottom line: If air can't get out, I'm pretty positive nothing can get in.:cool:

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
That's pretty incredible. I think that makes my decision on a case to buy.

CyBuzz

Reaction score
i like that case. expensive though. i know the phone off contract is pricey but that is more than i paid for my phone on contract.