Seidio Innocase Active vs. Otterbox Commuter

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Simple question, which is better while in the pocket? I know both are prone to collecting lint, and both offer decent protection.

It appears the Active offers a bit more corner protection than the Commuter, please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, how are the flaps on the Commuter? To me they seem as if they would be slightly annoying because they aren't necessary in my field of work.

Also, any other suggestions would be great. I'm OCD and I absolutely hate when my phone is damaged or scratched. I keep everything in great condition, and the same applies to my phone. But unfortunately, I'm not perfect. Dropping the phone tends to happen.

So, what cover would you suggest for medium-ish protection? Please no snap together cases; the snaps never seem to be reliable.

Thanks!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Otterbox Commuter all the way. But that's just cause I've used Otterbox on numerous devices, love them.

Just sent my Impact back to get the Commuter. Couldn't have made a better decision.

Tap'n from DX while sit'n by a PC.

OP
C

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll try to put a review up when I receive the product. I'm going to go ahead and snag the commuter.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cpjr

Reaction score
There are a few reviews currently floating around if you wanna read up.

Captmilk

Reaction score
I like the OtterBox because the buttons are covered. I have fat fingers, for the Seidio Innocase Active case the buttons are not covered and some times when you press the buttons nothing happens due to the fact that you are hitting the case with your fingers first

DunnA

Reaction score
I recently got the Commuter and I must say, the polycarbonate outer shell really makes it easier for the phone to slide in and out of your pocket.

Gebo

Reaction score
i've got them both. I have settled on the Commuter.

R

RETG

I like the OtterBox because the buttons are covered. I have fat fingers, for the Seidio Innocase Active case the buttons are not covered and some times when you press the buttons nothing happens due to the fact that you are hitting the case with your fingers first

I have the Active on a X and the buttons ARE covered. The openings for the headphone jack, USB and HDMI are not covered.

OP
C

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well, I went to the verizon store tonight and they had one commuter in stock... and with my 22% company discount, I couldn't pass it up. So far, it is an amazing case. The only problem I have encountered is that the home button has to be pressed a little hard. It might just be the positioning of the case. Expect a full review after a few days of use. Thanks for all who helped!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk