Seidio Droid X Extended Battery 3500MAH!

dominick_7

Reaction score
Hi I apologize if this is a double post but I talked to Seidio about their Droid X Extended Battery and wanted to post what they said for anyone interested in getting a longer battery life for their Droid X, even though it's pretty good for a Pocket PC/Smartphone already.

Here's the direct link for the post at their site:

Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery For use with Motorola Droid X

Or you can do a search at the site by clicking for Droid X accessories.

They said it will have the same height and length measurements as the standard OEM battery the Droid X comes with already, but will only be 3mm thicker, for a total of 7mms thickness, which I didn't think was bad at all since it's already very thin.

They said they will provide an extended battery backdoor as well, and that one can get a good comparison to what it will be like by looking at what the extended battery/backing for the EVO is already like. I thought they did a pretty good job with it for the EVO especially compared to the ugly looking pictures another place posted that offers a 2400MAH battery and don't even use a picture of a Droid X for it:

The Extended Battery for the EVO:

Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery For use with HTC EVO 4G

The Extended Battery Case for the EVO:
Innocase Snap for use with Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery

They said the Droid X Extended Battery will cost at or around $69.99, should be out by the end of August/September, and the best news I think is that it should have (possibly more than) double the battery life of the Droid X! They're saying you will likely get around 36 or even 72 hours of battery life! I already get a full day, or around 10-15 hours of life from my battery with much to average use, so not having to charge it for several days would be awesome!

I'm looking forward to getting a custom made case for the Droid X so I needed to call them for the dimensions of the battery. I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to getting it.

CAPcadetJC

Reaction score
I would definitely be interested in this. Keep us updated if you find anything else out.

omnicious

Reaction score
Main deciding factor for me is how thick the phone will end up being. The ones on the EVO seems kinda thick and they made it weird. I dunno how that will feel in your hand.

CAPcadetJC

Reaction score
It would be cool if they could make the back flat by filling in the hump where the camera is.

OP
D

dominick_7

Reaction score
I would definitely be interested in this. Keep us updated if you find anything else out.

Will do. You can also click to receive email updates about it on their website on the very first page on the left side I believe.

OP
D

dominick_7

Reaction score
Main deciding factor for me is how thick the phone will end up being. The ones on the EVO seems kinda thick and they made it weird. I dunno how that will feel in your hand.

While that could be annoying, if it gets me 36-72 hours of use I don't care as much about form factor as I plan on getting a Nutshell case for it anyways and will keep it in there much of the time. I got an extended battery from Lion battery and another from Pocketsolutions for my Samung i730 and while it stuck out quite a bit, I got used to it, and didn't mind the extra weight or form factor, though it was a lot thicker.. say 1 1/2-2 centimeters?

While it is kinda a weird design for the Evo, you still can still at least use it's kickstand with it on (wished the Droid X had one..) but how do you like it compared to this:

Motorola Droid X Extended Battery Motorola Droid X Accessories (5 Star Rating): Google Checkout available.

Atodal

Reaction score
yea im with yall. i'd love the extra battery life since ive downloaded the game emulators and my phone stays on the charger

OP
D

dominick_7

Reaction score
It would be cool if they could make the back flat by filling in the hump where the camera is.

That would be awesome I'd think.

Yes if only.. Seems like it's just begging for an extended battery that makes the back more smoothed out.

I had to replace one Droid X, and then got a replacement because it would randomly reboot and lag out to a black screen with different UI apps, and that replacement also had a defect (messed up hard keys). I returned it because of a horrible experience with a pissed off sucky midget manager at the Best Buy kiosk, so if I order it from Verizon again, I guess I'll get it around the time Froyo and the extended battery comes out because of back orders.. possibly?