Second Address Book

jcolt

Reaction score
Was wondering if there is a solution for having a second address book on the Droid. I currently use the default address book for all my personal contacts, but I would like to have a second address book for just my work contacts (all, 5,600 of them). I would also need to be able to import these contacts to the second address book from a Text Deliminated file as they are not in Gmail contacts and I dont ever plan to put them in Gmail contacts. Are there any apps out there that might work for this?

companionlink

Reaction score
jcolt,

Definitely. Take a look at our Android app, DejaOffice. It is a full featured, business-class contact manager. It also handles calendars, tasks, notes, & more - all while keeping your info separate from the default applications. It's free to download, and is available in the Android Marketplace. Check it out at www.dejaoffice.com/

Now, getting your contacts in to DejaOffice requires a few steps since you're coming from a text file. The first thing you'll want to do is import the data into Outlook (you may need to convert it to a CSV first w/ Excel, I'm not sure on that). Then, download CompanionLink for Outlook to your PC and follow the directions for syncing your Android found here (be sure to take note of the device specific notes at the bottom). This sells for $40, but it comes with a fully-functional 2-week free trial so you can get all your data moved over before deciding if you want to continue using CompanionLink for Outlook.

Hopefully this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.

- David Z

OP
J

jcolt

Reaction score
Thanks I will check it out. I am familiar with CompanionLink as I have it installed on my PC for my corp blackberry which syncs between the BB and ACT (our contact management solution). However, I also want to have my corp contacts on my android phone.

So a couple of questions -

I assume I need to buy a different companionlink software to talk between ACT and my Droid - correct?

If I install another version of companionlink on my desktop for my droid will it mess up my companionlink that syncs my BB?

With Dejaoffice, where are the contacts stored, on the phone or my SD scard? I would want them stored on my SD card

companionlink

Reaction score
To answer your questions:

If you have CompanionLink Professional (CLP) installed, you simply need to create a second profile within CLP for your Droid. At that point, both devices can sync with ACT, but each device will have a separate set of rules for what syncs and what doesn't. If you do not have CLP, you can simply upgrade.

As for DejaOffice - it stores the contacts on your SD card. For additional info about how contacts work in DejaOffice, I'd recommend visiting our DejaContacts Guide.

- David Z

thedukeofehrl

Reaction score
2nd address book

try dejacontacts/companionlink.com. I used it to transfer my 5000+ business and personal contacts. works great and transfers all info in every field.

Was wondering if there is a solution for having a second address book on the Droid. I currently use the default address book for all my personal contacts, but I would like to have a second address book for just my work contacts (all, 5,600 of them). I would also need to be able to import these contacts to the second address book from a Text Deliminated file as they are not in Gmail contacts and I dont ever plan to put them in Gmail contacts. Are there any apps out there that might work for this?

thedukeofehrl

Reaction score
dejaoffice/companionlink

can I have the dejaoffice companionlink addresses transfer the info automatically to the address book on the thunderbolt phone. I originally imported them from oulook to gmail, which went to the phone. now I have duplicate address books in deja contacts and the phone contact data base.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You can also assign contacts to a group and then hide/unhide the groups....